Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get in touch with owners who bought SSR's that were parade lap cars at the speedway on Sept.5 2004. Lets see if we are in the general area of So. Cal.and plan a ride. Forty-three redline's would look pretty cool goin down the road! :party :party
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
Looking to get in touch with owners who bought SSR's that were parade lap cars at the speedway on Sept.5 2004. Lets see if we are in the general area of So. Cal.and plan a ride. Forty-three redline's would look pretty cool goin down the road! :party :party
I just purchased a Yellow 2005 SSR which was used in the 2004 NASCAR Checker Auto Parts 500 on 11-7-2004 at the Phoenix International Raceway. They used a bunch of SSR's in the introductory ceremonies. My car was used to Introduce NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne #9. I had to transport the car from NM. to Long Island, NY. I just received it today. This was a very good day!!!
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,594 Posts
Congrats!

JRYS said:
I just purchased a Yellow 2005 SSR which was used in the 2004 NASCAR Checker Auto Parts 500 on 11-7-2004 at the Phoenix International Raceway. ... I had to transport the car from NM. to Long Island, NY. I just received it today. This was a very good day!!!
Welcome to the SSR owners club! Have to post photos soon! :thumbs
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
JYRS

:cool Welcome to the Fanatic's :thumbs
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jrevet

Your the first so far, thats two down and forty one to go!! As soon as we get more we will have to plan a ride. Looks like the rain in So. Cal is finally coming to an end
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,312 Posts
The SSRs used at California Speedway were all Aqua, black,or silver - no reds or yellows.

Pace car and backup were yellow/flames to purple at the rear. Love to get one of those with all those white flashing lights.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
The 2004 Pop Secret 500 SSRs were all red. I was at the race and wondered what they would do with all of those SSRs, and in January I bought one from a local dealer. Mine was #88 Dale Jarrett's.
It would be great to get as many of them as possible together. I live in Irvine and would definitely be interested.
Also I am always looking for pictures of the SSRs from the race. I have pictures of Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon in their SSRs, but would love to find one of my SSR.
Let's try to get a group of these extra cool SSRs together :seeya
 

·
I DO WINDOWS
Joined
·
8,825 Posts
Ssr M.e.

Can you find a way to post your two pic's of Earnhardt and Gordon for us ... Please
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
JRYS said:
I just purchased a Yellow 2005 SSR which was used in the 2004 NASCAR Checker Auto Parts 500 on 11-7-2004 at the Phoenix International Raceway. They used a bunch of SSR's in the introductory ceremonies. My car was used to Introduce NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne #9. I had to transport the car from NM. to Long Island, NY. I just received it today. This was a very good day!!!
THE REST OF THE STORY

About two hours after I got home with my new toy, two of my friends came over with birthday presents that they were waiting to give me for the past two weeks.

SIDE SADDLE STORAGE BOXES
TOW PACKAGE
WIND SCREEN
YELLOW ENGINE COVER INSERT

Now how’s that for a good day.

PS.
I forgot to mention that I had not told my wife about the SSR, I wanted to surprise her with it after it arrived from New Mexico. Well I think she likes it because this morning when I went to hop into my new ride, it was gone and her 2005 BMW was in the driveway. Well at least I got to drive it for one day. :mad
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool Ssr M.e.

SSR M.E. said:
The 2004 Pop Secret 500 SSRs were all red. I was at the race and wondered what they would do with all of those SSRs, and in January I bought one from a local dealer. Mine was #88 Dale Jarrett's.
It would be great to get as many of them as possible together. I live in Irvine and would definitely be interested.
Also I am always looking for pictures of the SSRs from the race. I have pictures of Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon in their SSRs, but would love to find one of my SSR.
Let's try to get a group of these extra cool SSRs together :seeya
Don't know what race flaash was at on Sept 5, 2004, but its great to hear from you. Got my SSR after the race #48 Jimmy Johnson . Well thats three of us forty more to go!!!! Funny that you have the #88 Truck I work for UPS. Will plan a ride when the group gets a little bigger. :party :party :party
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,312 Posts
Sorry, guys - missed the part about the September date. I was at the races Feb 25 - 27, and was disappointed they didn't show the whole cross section of colors - no reds or yellows.

Found the number thing pretty interesting. The cars didn't have numbers on them when I looked at them in the staging area. They must have been placing the numbers on them near where they picked up the drivers from the introduction area at the finish line.

Couldn't tell who was in which car at first. No numbers on the driver's side, as the cars went right to left to the beginning of the pit lane, then did a 180 onto the front straight. They only had the numbers on the side facing the stands.

Ray
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,368 Posts
crazyrtr53 said:
Looking to get in touch with owners who bought SSR's that were parade lap cars at the speedway on Sept.5 2004. Lets see if we are in the general area of So. Cal.and plan a ride. Forty-three redline's would look pretty cool goin down the road! :party :party

A guy I work with picked up a 04 Redline SSR from a dealer in Illinois two weeks ago. He diden't know much about its history thou, it was a so- called Indy pace #38. It does have some stripping on the sides from the picture he showed me.

Scott 0168 :confused
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top