Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my jack, I can start painting the calipers. I was thinking about getting this paint or paint 2 .

Anyone have experience with either?

Also, I heard that once you mix the paint on G2 you have to do all 4 or it will cure and not usable for another day. Does this mean that I have to have all 4 tires off at the same time?

Do you think I can paint the Chevy (silver) bow tie on the rims also with the same paint (would I have enough in the G2 kit)?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
chevy emblem on wheels

There are stickers for sale on e-bay for the wheel emblems. I,ve seen people try to paint them and haven't seen anyone do a very good job.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
I dunno, but I been tole...

redssrloaded said:
Now that I have my jack, I can start painting the calipers. I was thinking about getting this paint or paint 2 .

Anyone have experience with either?

Also, I heard that once you mix the paint on G2 you have to do all 4 or it will cure and not usable for another day. Does this mean that I have to have all 4 tires off at the same time?

Do you think I can paint the Chevy (silver) bow tie on the rims also with the same paint (would I have enough in the G2 kit)?

IF the G2 (sorry, never used it) has an activator in it, then just mix enough for one wheel at a time because activated material will set up on you. The activated material that I am familiar with cannot be used without a proper charcoal mask!

I'd use the laquer; never knew any laquer to have an activator also it can be used without charcoal protection for your purposes. HTH Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts