Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Just had a call from Lansing Craft Center inquiring on my level of satisfaction with my SSR. I recall several of you also had the call at some point in time recently. I congratulated them on what a wonderful vehicle it is and when asked about suggestions or problems I told them the running boards should not even be an option, since the tires throw rock chips onto those beautiful bulging fenders without them. I also discussed my roofcycle time out problem and an eerie electrical smell ( I sense a short somewhere) recently since I have been having that time out prob. Told them I am taking it in this Thursday for that prob. Other than that, I thanked them over and over for finally building a real AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR!!!!

On another note, this evening a pony car pulled up to me and he had a very suped up 327 with 22" tires and one of the largest hood scoops I had ever seen on the street. His was one bad sounding beast for a "Mad Pony". He just barely beat me off the line but at the next light he told me he was getting 500HP on the Dyno!!! Yikes!!!! I was only about one half a car length behind the entire time. Wicked fun!!!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Maybe the salesman at a local dealer wasn't kidding. He claimed that they dynoed their SSR and it registered at 350HP. I took it with a grain of salt since I don't generally believe car salesmen. Perhaps someone out there will have the opportunity to dyno their SSR and see if the salesman is full of it or not. When I get mine home in a couple of weeks I'll try to see if the guys at the local speed shop will dyno mine for free. I'm hoping they'll be as interested in knowing as I am.

D

·
0 Posts
cruzned, I hope the Lansing Craft Center follows up on owners suggestions and concerns, sometimes automakers start up a nice program like what there doing at the Craft Center only to be droped as time goes along.

nowandthen, I doubt the SSR developed that kind of power at the rear wheels, there are several brands of dyno machines out there and depending on which one you get dyoned you can get different numbers. If you're getting dyoned on lets say a DynoJet you're rwhp will be higher then if it was on a Mustang dyno, I feel the Mustang dyno is the best way to go because it shows you real world numbers. If I had to take a quess I would say the SSR developes no more then 295 rwhp.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts