Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just currious what you might have done to cover fuel rails after s/c install. I know there are a few companies that make custom covers for vettes and other ls1 applications, but not s/c.

Any help would be great.

Also, the shaft that drives the rear pulley, is it made of metal or carbon fiber?
All of the pictures look like metal but mine is c/f. Will be calling Magnasun tomorrow anyway as they left out a bracket.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,957 Posts
Well I cannt start mine till I get my SSR back from Magnuson Products next week. I will tell you this, I am going to make them from Carbon-Fiber and Fiberglass (unpainted so you can match them to your SSR) and they will cost around $275 for Carbon Fiber and $225 for Fiberglass. I already have the molds for the LS1 F-Body Covers and the prototypes for the Corvette and Streetrods. I will take me a few weeks to produce a prototype and then have molds made for production.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not myself

I let a shop do it. 780.00 for the install and dyno runs. I got to see it Saturday. The kit was missing one intercooler core mounting brkt so they could not finish. It will be here on Wednesday. I should have it back on Thursday.

Mr. Merlin, I could not find the ones like yours. Only a set that the manufacture is not sure will fit the SSR.

·
Registered
504 Posts
coil covers

If you search e-bay for billet coil covers for ssr, it hooks you up with the G/M set.Very cool looking.
Well, I did it. Iv'e got my Magnuson super charger coming.I'll be doing the install myself and will post you guys on the progress with pictures.I faxed the calibration sheet to them today.I noted the dynamaxx longtube headers, Magnaflow cat back exhaust and the 1:85-1 comp cams roller rockers.These mods should really accent the performance of the supersharger.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Coil covers

I ordered the set of coil covers...What did you do about the tall oil fill spout on the valve cover??? Are there any other modifications need to use them??? How do they mount??? Pics of mounts

Scott

·
Registered
504 Posts
covers

I sent my valve covers and coil brackets out to the chrome shop to be done up and the if clearance permitts, I'm going to make a new mounting bracket for my stock engine cover.I'd like to reuse it if I could cause it looks real good after the trick paint job.

·
Registered
321 Posts
53wanab said:
I sent my valve covers and coil brackets out to the chrome shop to be done up and the if clearance permitts, I'm going to make a new mounting bracket for my stock engine cover.I'd like to reuse it if I could cause it looks real good after the trick paint job.
I looked all over ebay and cannot find a site that reflects Billet Covers for the SSR.. Could you be more specific on where you found them? I have looked at re-installing the stock engine cover also, but cannot see any way to re-attach with the SC installed... Would be interested in any method you come up with to do that.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2004 bagged and blown
279 Posts
billet coil covers

you take the long sout of and screw the cap into the coul cover. they are mounted with 1/4 turn dzus fasteners. real easy on and off. gives the smooth look.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hum

Did you install them upside down Mr. Merlin??? It is the only way I can see them even coming close to working on Passenger side. Trans dipstick and ac lines are all in the way. In doing this it leaves a lot expossed when viewed head on
and not from the side.

Scott

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.