Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put Eibachs on Blueberry yesterday (had them put on) and took it today for an alignment (much needed I might add, the camber was visibly way off). The alignment shop said it was to be their first SSR. So I told him it was probably going to just like a Trailblazer/Envoy. He looked the specs up on his computer and said it wasn't a TB/EV but a Camaro front suspension which he was very pleased about since according to him it is very easy to adjust (translate lots of ways to tweak) and he's a perfectionist. I haven't read much about how the SSR evolved and have only read chapter 1 of Jim G's book. Has anyone else heard about this?

Oh yeah, I love the ride and handling with the Eibach's and the look is perfect.

Now on the way to the upholstery shop while I wait for the Predator M/T I pre-ordered so I can do the gears. Fun, fun fun. :party

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The front suspension is a modified Trailblazer front suspension. This SLA type front suspension is better than the last Camaros had and more adjustable. It was designed to be adjusted by an automated machine. Chevrolet trucks had a bad reputation for wheel alignment and the Trailblazer suspension engineers made sure that was not a factory problem on their truck.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clarification!

freezer said:
The front suspension is a modified Trailblazer front suspension. This SLA type front suspension is better than the last Camaros had and more adjustable. It was designed to be adjusted by an automated machine. Chevrolet trucks had a bad reputation for wheel alignment and the Trailblazer suspension engineers made sure that was not a factory problem on their truck.
Clarification is a beautiful thing! Thanks..John317

1 - 3 of 3 Posts