Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked me this question and I really didn't have an answer. Can their 20" SSR spare tire be used on the front of the SSR and would it be able to work until they were able to get to a tire outlet to have their 19" Tire replaced?

·
Premium Member
19,809 Posts
Marc I’ve read it here some time ago that a dealer rotated tires. When he went out of drive way front tires hit body and damaged fenders

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Someone asked me this question and I really didn't have an answer. Can their 20" SSR spare tire be used on the front of the SSR and would it be able to work until they were able to get to a tire outlet to have their 19" Tire replaced?
I think they would be better off to carry a spare front and run it on the rear if necessary but for the money the Simple-engineering spare tire kit is a better idea.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
A 20 inch tire will work on the front of an SSR, but not mounted on a stock rear wheel. The offset is too great, but a 20 inch wheel with less offset will certainly work as a spare.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Like Mike

a 19" will fit on the rear.

buy a 17" aluminum TB wheel and go. you can add Mike's spare kit at a later date and there you go.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts