Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any cirmcumstances that would allow the members of this forum to revoke the membership of another member?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I knew it!

I'm not paranoid, the moderators are reviewing my every word...no they’re not....yes they are...no they’re not....yes they are.....:lurk I hate it when I argue with myself...I always seem to lose. :)

I read some pretty heated and nasty threads that were eventually locked, but I don’t know of anyone recently that has been removed. Usually the “Spirited” debates on this forum end up with some useful information to all SSR Owners. :boxing

We are all Superior, Savvy Renegades and won’t always agree on everything, but, so far, it has been civil..... :thumbs

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It's been done.

I've seen it happen on a different BBS. The individual was abusing features of the BBS to steal bandwidth.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The question of revokation was more in line with my other question about "Darwin Awards". For those of you familiar, the Darwin's are awarded to indiviuals who have done something really stupid. I was wondering if your membership here, in the fanatic forum, can be revoked for being a "dumbass" in the operation of your SSR. The person in question is yours truly. I apoligize if I gave the impression I was trying to have someone else removed as a member. I'm afraid I am in line for the first Darwin. I am checking the threads, but yes, I may actually hold the"honor".

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
"The Tribe Has Spoken"

You can be, if you are voted off the island....:leaving

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
216 Posts
FISH,

The only thing I could think of is painting your SSR Pink with yellow polka dots...ok, maybe a couple others, Leaving it in the parking lot of the SuperDome last week for safety...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Ok, Ok Whay Did You Do ?

Fishslayr1 said:
I was wondering if your membership here, in the fanatic forum, can be revoked for being a "dumbass" in the operation of your SSR. The person in question is yours truly.
Do you know how to keep another dumb ass in suspense............... tell me later :willy:

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Fishslayr1 said:
The question of revokation was more in line with my other question about "Darwin Awards". For those of you familiar, the Darwin's are awarded to indiviuals who have done something really stupid. I was wondering if your membership here, in the fanatic forum, can be revoked for being a "dumbass" in the operation of your SSR. The person in question is yours truly. I apoligize if I gave the impression I was trying to have someone else removed as a member. I'm afraid I am in line for the first Darwin. I am checking the threads, but yes, I may actually hold the"honor".
Well obvioulsy you can be a "Smartass" and nothing will happen. Just look at me! :lol :thumbs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About two weeks ago I bought a smokin asphalt 6 speed fully loaded from an out of state dealer. I mean, fully loaded. As you can see by my join date, I had been looking, waiting, looking for a long time. I cleaned out that third car garage to where nothing would surround my new ride when she showed up. Katrina hit florida, then Mississippi and LA, thereby delaying delivery for a while. In the grand scheme of what the folks in those areas are going through, my problem is nothing. Anyway, yesterday my ride shows up on a trailer, and I back it off ever so smoothly. I get all 4 wheels on the ground and I am extactic. I didn't drive it off the side of the trailer like I thought I would, it looks perfect, has 51 miles on it, and I can't believe how friggin lucky I am. I show the delivery guy, an old red neck with more kids than teeth, how the top works and it blows his mind. He and I share a couple of bottles of water and shoot the crap for a while in the heat of Memphis, TN and then I tell him, "I gotta cruise". I get inside, top down, stereo blazing and I tell my new ride how I am going to take care of her. Mobil 1, Zaino system, car cover in the garage, the whole nine yards. I tell her shes with me for the long haul. I call my wife, tell her I feel I don't feel I deserve such a sweet ride and how happy I am. I cruise around, gently shifting 1-4 gears, never braking hard, never going to fast, you know, trying to break her in gently. I come home and pick my wife up, and we go for a cruise for a while. We return home with 76 miles on the odometer and now I plan on washing her and getting her really cleaned up after her long journey from the northeast. The whole time I am out cruising around, alls I can think is the interior is not wide enough for that big SH*TASS EATIN GRIN that I cannot get off my face, and I mean big, huge smile. I had two kids on bikes almost run into each other as I passed them earlier. Two teenage girls had yelled out their sunroof, "NICE TRUCK MAN" . People just looking at my new baby everywhere. Man, I felt guilty, but I felt GOOD. So I am pulling around to our rear entry garage area and say to myself, "Lets see how she fits in the garage" My wife asks what I am doing, and I tell her. She says let me guide you in for the first time. YEA RIGHT, I got it! Then I drove the left front bumber right into the side of the garage. The bumber is dinged and buckled. 25 miles and 2 hours or so, WHAT A DUMBASS! Like I told my wife, I don't deserve such a nice ride. Anyway, please don't excommunicate me, blacklist me, etc although I fully expect when I meet some of you it will be hard to hide the "what a dumbass" expression that will be all over your faces. PARK SAFE EVERYBODY

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Man-O-Man - sorry to hear about the incident... 2nd one like that with a SSR I heard about here on fanatic - the other was way back in '03 (The Good Ol Days :lol ).

I just saw a still paper plated SSR with damage on a rolloff - so I cruzed past the dealership where they were heading and snapped a couple shots...

Hang in there - and we look forward to seeing you at future gatherings...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Fishslayr1 said:
My wife asks what I am doing, and I tell her. She says let me guide you in for the first time. YEA RIGHT, I got it! Then I drove the left front bumber right into the side of the garage.

I want to say this before any of the girls say it,.. "You should have let your wife help" :lol :lol

Now before any of the guys, "That way if you had drove it into the side to the garage you could have blamed it on her" :lol :lol

Oh boy!! Did that feel good. :jester

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Focks said:
I want to say this before any of the girls say it,.. "You should have let your wife help" :lol :lol

Now before any of the guys, "That way if you had drove it into the side to the garage you could have blamed it on her" :lol :lol

Oh boy!! Did that feel good. :jester

I'm changing your screen name to "smartass" for sure before any of the other girls do!

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Fishslayr1

No, you arent the only one. I think we had made 2 payments on mine when it was backed into by a dumdass 17 year old springbreaker in Panama City Beach FL. We had her backed into a parking space at our condo. It was broad daylight, sunny, not a cloud in the sky. I dont know how she missed anything that bright red but she did. I guess she just could not wait to get to the party or something. I was out by the pool and the maintence man happened to see what happened. He came and got me and told me my truck had been hit. I prayed to God it was the King Ranch. When I got there everyone was gathered around gawking like a person had been hit. My husband was off on the motorcycle so I called him and he went into hysteria. I was afraid for him to drive back!!! We stayed one extra day because it was snowing in NC. Had it not been for the snow it would not have happened. It cracked the front bumper. You really couldnt tell unless we pointed it out but it still cost her parents Insurance $2500. The bumper now hangs in our shed for some reason. My husband wanted to keep it. The moral of the story, next year get the heck out of there before the spring breakers arrive!!!!!! :nono

1 - 20 of 28 Posts