Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new skins and I want stock rubber.
My price in town is $801 Can. For the rear
Tire Rack on sale $139.00
How do I get them to Canada.
Any help wuold be great
By the way the Red SSR in Buffys home page is that Canadian SSR, we met at his home in the Atlanta area, thanks again Buffy. Check the Ontario plate
(BALA-SSR ) Bala is my home town.:ssr
My ride has 59,000 km on the odometer so the tires are in need.
Thanks
Scott Doran

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Scott,

I import from the US on a regular basis. Business imports are fairly easy, personal ones a bit more difficult, primarily because of delivery difficulties to home addresses.

I would suggest going to someone you know who imports virtually anything, and deals with a broker. Use their address as your ship to address, keeping yourself as the contact for communications with the broker. UPS ground and FedEx ground are fairly reasonable.

I would guess you're looking at $100 or so freight to get 4 tires home, plus brokerage. UPS or FedEx will do the brokerage for you, but they are fairly expensive. A broker will typically charge less.

The only other concern is whether Tire Rack will ship to a Canadian address. I use my broker's US warehouse as a shipping address for any shipments where companies won't ship to Canada. If that's an issue, most brokers will have access to warehousing facilities in the US.

PS - Let me know if you're ever driving through on your way to the coast.

Ray

·
OP
8,226 Posts
ship to a US friend

or just ship them to a fellow SSR fanatic member in the U.S., cross over have them mounted and drive home. Or is that not an option? Is it too far to drive? Can a U.S. friend just UPS them to you for the freight cost?
Just some ideas...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Hey Flassh
Thanks for the info

I will be driving by this spring on my move to the island.
We will keep in touch

And to OP thanks
Scott Doran #201

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discount Tire

The bigger problem might be finding someone to mount the tires. I found out that the local Chevy dealer didn't have the equipment or have tires in stock. They could get one in 3 days, but wanted $280 plus mounting and balance which they would farm out to a local tire company.

I went to Discount Tire(Slaughter and Manchaca, ask for Marcos Cordova) and was treated very well. They were willing to meet the on-line pricing plus the $50 shipping and could mount, balance, and provide free repairs if needed.

The tires look cheap on the internet, but by the time you pay shipping and find someone to mount the tires, you don't save much money for all the trouble. Figure that any tire shop that has the advanced equipment to mount our tires is going to stick you pretty good to mount tires you bought elsewhere, and won't feel obligated to provide repair service. If you can find someone local that advertises that they will meet or beat anyone's prices, they may actually be the best deal.

Texster68

1 - 5 of 5 Posts