Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, out of the approx. 23,000 ssr how many are there in canada, Also are the ssr partly built by hand. And Question #3 how many ssr owners also have a prowler. Thanks Andy

·
Premium Member
31,863 Posts
andygp said:
Hi, out of the approx. 23,000 ssr how many are there in canada, Also are the ssr partly built by hand. And Question #3 how many ssr owners also have a prowler. Thanks Andy

Dunno about the #s in Canada, but the SSR is assembled completely by hand - there are no robotics on the assembly line with 2 exceptions - 1 robot that checks the body alignment after welding, and the other is the painter. All of the body welding is done by a person. Total production is quite slow at only 30-40 a day on average - that is, when they're actually in operation.

If there is a group tour arranged during the final weeks of production, you should consider going. It was really cool to see that at the August Homecoming.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
a post a few weeks ago gave out these numbers,,,,03--161,,,04---361,,,05--83,,for a total of 605,,#'s for 06 aren't complete yet...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
dyoung said:
a post a few weeks ago gave out these numbers,,,,03--161,,,04---361,,,05--83,,for a total of 605,,#'s for 06 aren't complete yet...
What thread was that in?

I guessed ~10% might have come into Canada. 600 or so is way lower...only ~.3% based on total of 21371 from a previous thread).

So using the color breakdown of model years from the other thread then your yellow 04 is only 1 of (26%x361) 94 and my Redline 04 is only 1 of (29%x361) 104.:party

Frank

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Mine should be 1 of 23 yellow 03s in Canada. Somehow, I suspect there are more yellows in Canada than red or black. It seemed every dealership I checked when they first came out had a yellow on display.

Frank, 605 units would mean 3% of SSRs are in Canada, not .3%

Ray

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Andy, I have a 2002 Prowler in Deep Candy Red. No SSR yet, my dealer has a 2006 Pacific Blue 6 spd, fully optioned ,on order since late December, waiting to see if it actually arrives.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Blue,

Has yours been preferenced yet? - that should be the first indication that the order has been accepted by GM. That's the stage I'm at now. I'll go in next week to see if anything further has developed.

Ray

·
Registered
180 Posts
Canadian Early Launch SSR s

When I went to pick up my SSR at GM Canada there were 5 SSR s available.
( This was fall 2004 )
3 were early launch Car Show trucks and 2 were exec driven units.
Of the early launch trucks there were 3 colours represented.
Smokin was Vin # 101
Yellow was Vin # 358
Red was Vin # 201 ( Mine )
There are presently 2 6 speeds available as exec trucks.
The Blue 6 Speed was at the Homecomming, driven bt a Gm Canada Vice Pres. and his wife.

Scott Doran #201

Bala Ontario &
Sooke B.C.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Flassh, the dealer sent me an e-mail from GM showing a target build for the vehicle of February 20, 2006. Confirmed it was a sold unit to the dealer. No specific reference to any preference #.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Scott Doran said:
There are presently 2 6 speeds available as exec trucks.
The Blue 6 Speed QUOTE]

Scott, any idea of the mileage or the asking price or where I can inquire for more info??

Thanks Frank

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
Blue,

Went to my chevy dealer this morning - he's also showing a tentative build "Week of February 20"

Had him check inventory status for new SSRs in Canada.

His system is showing 12 new 05s and 16 new 06s in Canada. 6 of those are 6 speeds.

Autotrader is showing 20 used in total in Canada - 19 of those are at car dealers, one is private sale. Hard to come up with anything more accurate regarding total used for sale.

Ray

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Flassh said:
system is showing 12 new 05s and 16 new 06s in Canada. 6 of those are 6 speeds.
Ray
Did he give you the list or did you note the locations. Just wondering where the 05's are located. I know of 1-05 in RImbey, AB.

Frank

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts

I was told two weeks ago that there are (5) 2006's in Toronto dealer lots.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Exec GM Drivers

Gm has a sheet of all the Exec driven veihicles on the Oshawa lot.
I have been the lot and seen all the units, there are 3 lots scattered around the Oshawa area
On these lots there are every GM known to man and lots of them.
Including SSR. Any dealer has acces.
Or call Jack Naulls @1-705-789-5507
Apparently Jack now works at the new GM store in town, he started yesterday, sorry for the wrong e-mail on past thread.

Scott Doran

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
I didn't write them down, but any dealer can pull up the same information in a few seconds. Did check to see if there were any silver up/black lower, and none in Canada. Two had black upper, silver lower.

Ray

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts

And I can’t get enough for my 5700 miler to trade up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts