Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE LOOKED THROUGH OUR OWNERS MANUAL OF OUR 05 6 SPEED AND CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER TO....
Is the defroster light supposed to be on all the time? Ours is.
Thanks Calook1967

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Press the button in the middle. It is Hi-Lited in the Off position and will get Brighter when it is activated.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
WE LOOKED THROUGH OUR OWNERS MANUAL OF OUR 05 6 SPEED AND CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER TO....
Is the defroster light supposed to be on all the time? Ours is.
Thanks Calook1967
:smile2:
Yes, it does in fact remain on. Not that noticeable during the daylight hours, but at night...bingo there it is.:nerd:

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
the icon is painted orange. there is a small pilot light that's hard to see at the top of the button to activate the rear window. looks like it's ON by the icon, but look for the small pilot light. same light bulb as the AC compressor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
During the daytime hours I check to see if the defroster light is on,it tells me my headlights are on. If it's not lit I know they're off.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
:banghead

The question of is the light (which is yellow, NOT orange)............again, YES it is on and stays on.................this question had been covered multiple times and here is one of the entries posts from many years ago.

10-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Dirk Pitt

My SSR:
'2005'
Defroster light?
If you are talking about the light on the middle knob at the bottom far right symbol, I think it is normal for it to stay on? I will have to check, but I am pretty sure mine stays on when I have the unit turned on even with AC. I posted a thread right after I purchased my '05' here in the forum and was told it is normal. I even think it says that in the manual? Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Dirk Pitt

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
Yep.... yer Always Right on ! Tanks for yer thruput as always...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts