Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any one have the same problem with non airconditioned air coming out of the vents when traveling? The a/c is off and the blower is off but I get a fairly good draft especially on the freeway. The temp. is what ever the air is outside.
Feels as if the air flow is on level 1 or 2 on the blower, but as I said, it's off. Have 05 auto.... Thanks, David

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Made that way by design

batwings05 said:
Does any one have the same problem with non airconditioned air coming out of the vents when traveling? The a/c is off and the blower is off but I get a fairly good draft especially on the freeway. The temp. is what ever the air is outside.
Feels as if the air flow is on level 1 or 2 on the blower, but as I said, it's off. Have 05 auto.... Thanks, David
Hi David

The auto makers have that by design so you get fresh air with the windows up. I find that if I don't want that I push the recycle button on the blower knob and it stops that fresh air from coming in. :thumbs

Happy :ssr ing
:seeya
Tony

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Well I didn't have that problem....and then I did....and then I sort of have it.

I have an '03 and I didn't have that problem until they replaced the blower motor. Then I noticed that, with the fan off, I had this annoying air blowing on my hands (funny how when I want a temperature change or with the top down the blowing air isn't annoying, but when I like the temperature and the top is up how air blowing on my hands becomes annoying). I took it back and the dealer went to an '05 and said that there is air blowing when the fan is off and that it is a federal law to have a certain amount of fresh air entering the cabin. Well I said that it is now blowing much more than it had before they made the blower motor fix, so they worked on it and decreased the air flow by almost half. So it still blows more than I like, but I put the vent knob on underdash and I don't notice it much now.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It's a good thing, that ventillation, otherwise the cabin would be considered a confined space. If you think the airbag stickers are awful you should see what a confined space warning sticker looks like. :lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts