Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

This whole Seattle take over where the mayor just gave up several blocks of town including a police precinct has been a disgrace to the state and the whole country in my opinion.

Finally, a nearby city had their own mayors home vandalized which to me was amusing and a chuckle.

Now.............check this out.............I can't wait to see how this shapes up.

·
Registered
233 Posts
moscooter, A month or so ago we had a group blocking the railway crossing up near Edmonton AB. I guess the plan was to stop the trains from running. That could create real chaos. The Govt wasn't doing anything. I heard on the news a group of citizens went in and cleaned things out. That was the story. Well I heard later it was the Hells Angels that solved the problem. I am sure they would love to go in to Seattle.
John F.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
With one person killed in the zone and the occupiers not letting police in to help they are already in a real mess in Seattle. How many more will die before someone restores order?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just watched a video and a group burned all of the belongings of a homeless man, his mattress and everything. These people are domestic terrorists and need to be stopped. What happens in the U.S. will also happen in Canada. Us law biding people need help, whether it be our children as we are too old or a group of bikers or young army vets to stop this crap before everything is destroyed. It is obvious to me our Govts are doing nothing. I am very upset by this homeless man losing everything. We need help.
John F.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
In the US Trump will probably take action if the liberal Mayors don't do anything. Washington DC is now under attack. In Canada Trudeau will say he's "disappointed" and probably take a knee.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,357 Posts
In the US Trump will probably take action if the liberal Mayors don't do anything. Washington DC is now under attack. In Canada Trudeau will say he's "disappointed" and probably take a knee.
Or smoke a joint and order pizza and chill.

Reactions: DrDJ and John F

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Looks like they had a couple shootings over the weekend so now they want the police back in there to take charge again.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:)

Well, if the potential events that could occur on Saturday, July 4th. does not stop the antifas. (I kinda think it will and most all of it will be history) after that date.

but just in case they don't "get the message", Here is another option they are considering and in the face of multiple thousands of bikers from all over the country...........Good luck with that.

Here it is..........

http://www.harleyzone.com/NewGallery/20/8489/1024464.jpg

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I really don't see bikers going out of their way to travel to Seattle to deal with this, it is a no win matter and really doesn't concern them. But man if the protesters want to go to the Bikers. I would pay to watch that little get together. I have a friend who was a full on biker club member and had been to a few biker events and it would be a blast to see a protest group show up there. The last biker event I went to they had some guy do something stupid and he ended up getting dropped off about a mile away from the event at a gas station. Someone went in and told the cashier they should probably call for paramedics for the guy. They said they found him wondering down the road and it looked like maybe a bear attacked him.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,080 Posts
Is this a site for SSR discussion or a political site? If its a political site I will leave it just like I left Facebook, Thanks.
Yeah, don't do the political thing either. Most don't go down that road, but when one does, I just move on to the next thread. If they go to far a moderator will shut it down for just the reason you said. But I won't give up the forum and all it does for me and my truck because someone crosses the line here and there.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this a site for SSR discussion or a political site? If its a political site I will leave it just like I left Facebook, Thanks.
:rolleyes:
It would seem you need to pay more attention to which of the forum categories you should peruse. Focusing just upon the General SSR forum and Technical SSR forum should prevent you from caring and/or dealing with topics you have no interest in seeing.

I don't do Facebook either and have no desire to do so. At the same time, there are some of us here that have interests and concerns with other things and topics and we enjoy sharing them here in what is known as "General Off Topic".

If we get too far off base, we have (sheriffs) that will let us know.;)

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
It seems lately though there have been a variety of discussions that in days of old would have been shuttled off to the SMOT, the one in this thread included. There is enough discussion of world stomach churning issues in other venues. Why do we have to rehash the trash here too?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Why should current events be taboo? It's not like someone campaigning for a candidate. As I understand the rules, it's politics that's a no-no. I like to see different points of view from my fellow fanatics on these topics whether I agree or not. These current events are affecting us and our country. And what difference does it make wheher a thread is in SMOT or General Off-Topic? It's still on the forum. The bottom line, no one is forcing anyone to read a thread if they don't want to.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
The point is there are other sites that offer opportunities to vent those frustrations/opinions without stinking up a hobby dedicated site.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The point is there are other sites that offer opportunities to vent those frustrations/opinions without stinking up a hobby dedicated site.
:mad:

And the counter point Lee..............is that I notice many posters with less time having joined the Forum that have posted multiple times more than you. Those folks log on to this forum to engage other members (sometimes) for their thoughts on subjects other than their SSRs..

Opinions are like azz holes.................Most everybody has one. The total and complete list of forum topic areas allows for some engagement of discussion that has nothing to do with our rides.

Your "occasional" venture into viewing forum entries could be easily restricted (by you) to "clicking" only on the SSR General discussion forum and the SSR Technical discussion forum. If you could manage to check out only those forum selections and/or others as to buying/selling parts etc. you would not have to get bent out of shape as to the fact that some of us choose to chat (on this site) about other things.

How simple is that.:(

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Lee, with all due respect, I find your straw man arguement to be full of holes. This is all about what YOU don't like. Not about opinions or SSR relevance. As an example, I don't here you complain about the "funny stuff" or "blond joke" threads. They have absolutely nothing to do with SSR's but you're quite becasuse they're OK with you. I'm sorry you don't find value in discussing current events. But if you're going to throw stones at specific topics, be very careful. It can have a negative result in other areas. Perhaps we should do away with the "general off-topic" section. How would that sound to you? Again, no one is forcing you to read the threads you don't like.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I hope those who don't want to view the thread would simply skip over any threads they aren't interested in and go on to the next that does interest them. There are some threads that are not what I want to read and I simply skip them. If you hold your cursor over the thread you can get a small preview of it and decide to either click or pass.

As for the forum, what makes a great forum is the ability to have people of different minds and thoughts and they share those with others. We are never to old to learn and seeing others views may change our own opinions of things. I know for my self, I have others who have disagreed with me or my thoughts, on things from how I fix my truck to other things and I have learned from them.

On this subject and others about things going on in our country and the world, I like to see what others think and what is happening in other areas. I don't always expect the news to give me an unbiased view so when I come here, I think I am going to get a good over all view of what others think or are experiencing in their areas.

None of this is meant to harm or drive people away, its here to communicate with each other. I agree there is far to much bad stuff going on but sometimes just talking can help others. Maybe some who don't like something could give a perspective if others are seeing it differently then them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts