Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
No but I went to the website Spiketv.com and it says that the show comes on again Sunday Aug 8th.but not sure if it was a repeat or not. I also found a website that totally bashed the SSR and anyone that buys it. Such Jerks!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Bashing the SSR

Hey, Machell

How did you find the bashing website? I'd like to check it out. Post the WWW. address - we can all head over there and flood them with loving messages about how much fun we're having.

We can't get into a p*****g match (I did the censorship) with them, because then they win, but it might be fun to counter their slams with our own experiences.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Negative comments

Hi, Matchell

I had seen the site before, but had written it off as the rantings of some know it all tuner purists who knew nothing about hot rod nostaligia, and had forgotten about it.

When I went back to the site yesterday, I couldn't find any current comments about the SSR - their rantings were from February 03, 6 months before the truck existed, and the website "master" who started the bad press is a disenchanted 22 year old, po'd because GM dropped the love of his life, the Camaro, and did the SSR instead.

I think the wind went out of their sails when the magazine and TV reports were generally positive, and very high on the styling and execution. Then all of us nut cases came out of the woodwork, raving about how much fun we're having. The shots from former Corvette owners saying this is way more fun have probably not made them real happy either.

I was going to reply, letting them know just how much fun I'm having, but I decided not to waste the time and went out for another cruise instead. Maybe they've been checking out this website and are realizing that it's not the total flop they had hoped it would be.

I have to mail a letter - calls for another cruise. Just wish it was to Woodward Avenue.

See ya

Ray

:seeya

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
The pictures

I see that your pictures are getting people to write favorable remarks....
I see that one of the guys said that a lot of complaining has been done and maybe not enough cruising (paraphrasing). And I must admit that most of my posts here have been about things that have gone wrong or things I felt I needed to add/change. So I guess I should say that I still enjoy cruising in my SSR from that first day, when I had the top down (dec. 2nd) and it started snowing til today, when I had the top down and it was 80 degrees outside. :cool
And if asked if I would buy it again, I would say yes (and maybe I would buy 2 if I could get them under 40k.)

Thanks kwhopper.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I saw it and was amazed how they described the price of the SSR as "Sticker Electrocution" and then later described the new BMW at 79K a steal and a deal! What hipocrytes. They certainly bashed the SSR for the Loud sound of the top operation but loved the new mercedes! Hey, I got a friend with one of them and it makes some noise too, but when the top retracts, he has zero storage, just like the caddy XLR. Who cares if the motor makes noise when the top retracts? It isn't all that loud to me. They also whined about the rattles and noises the SSR makes, which don't bother me either. I find the sound of the engine and exhaust knock out those sounds nicely! MY personal opinion of C & D is they are playing favorites and are biased. I guess they forgot all about the cover issue they did way back when on the SSR that was just glowing!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts

I posted this image with a few comments about how in the world GM could have gotten an idea like the SSR with such weird and ugly bulging fenders. Imagine that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts