Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased the Colgan brand bra for SSR's and installed it for a trip. I'm not one for bras on vehicles, but the SSR isn't designed for all the stuff kicked up on the highways. The fit was perfect and there was no marks from flapping or rubbing the finish, a big concern I had. I drove over five hundred miles at speeds of over 80 and no problems. As soon as I got home I cleaned the bugs from the bra and put it away for the next trip. I won't post the distributor or cost, but if anyone wishes more information just write me and I'll give the information.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Bra

I wish I could have had that when I crossed through Canada on my way to Detroit for the SSR Event and the Woodward Dream Cruise. :( Can you take a pic and show us what it looks like?

If you don't want to display the vendor or the price could you please PM me and let me know more.

Thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Marc NY said:
I wish I could have had that when I crossed through Canada on my way to Detroit for the SSR Event and the Woodward Dream Cruise. :( Can you take a pic and show us what it looks like?

If you don't want to display the vendor or the price could you please PM me and let me know more.
 

Attachments

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Try to Resize

Fred Edick said:
I took a pic and was going to post it, but too large even in jpg format. I'll put the bra back on and take a pic for you in e-mail format. It doesn't look too bad, but hides the grill bar.
Thanks Fred! You can resize the JPEG to under be 200 KB... if you do that you can post in this thread ok?

I just saw Dingbats... thanks for sharing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Your bin is full and I couldn't write you so I'll post it and then everyone can write me and tell me I paid too much. Colgan has two types and I bought the carbon fiber one. Ordered it through autoanything.com sku number 1297556, Colgan carbon fiber original car bra, $109.95 plus $8.52 tax no delivery charge. Took only three days to get, I was quite impressed with the service.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Thanks

HI Fred,

Sorry that my inbox was full... Bert has been writing me a lot lol... I have to go back in and delete more mail... (just teasing you Bert) I am glad that you posted the price and ordering info for that bra. It seems like that is a great price for a bra. I will have to check out the site and look at both of them. I would still be interested to see how yours looks on your SSR too.

Oh yes, I do appreciate that you shared the information with me and the rest of us on here.

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Marc NY said:
HI Fred,

Sorry that my inbox was full... Bert has been writing me a lot lol... I have to go back in and delete more mail... (just teasing you Bert) I am glad that you posted the price and ordering info for that bra. It seems like that is a great price for a bra. I will have to check out the site and look at both of them. I would still be interested to see how yours looks on your SSR too.

Oh yes, I do appreciate that you shared the information with me and the rest of us on here.

Thanks,
Mark,

There is a picture of my SSR with the bra, look for it.....
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Fred Edick said:
Mark,

There is a picture of my SSR with the bra, look for it.....
Thanks Fred,

I just saw your photo that you inserted above... I think it looks great on your SSR.


Ps. Too bad they don't come in different colors so they would match.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,205 Posts
Plate opening

dingbat said:
pics from ebay site

I see the photos in the above threads that one of the bras has a place for the licence plate and the other has no place or spot for a licence plate. I wonder if they are the same bar with two ways to install?


Never mind... I see that there are two different styles for the bra. One with and one without a plate opening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Fred Edick said:
Purchased the Colgan brand bra for SSR's and installed it for a trip. I'm not one for bras on vehicles, but the SSR isn't designed for all the stuff kicked up on the highways. The fit was perfect and there was no marks from flapping or rubbing the finish, a big concern I had. I drove over five hundred miles at speeds of over 80 and no problems. As soon as I got home I cleaned the bugs from the bra and put it away for the next trip. I won't post the distributor or cost, but if anyone wishes more information just write me and I'll give the information.
I also purchased the same Bra. I am totaly satisfied with the product, and the internet purchase experience.
Neal
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top