Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Am going to show the SSR at a local Cars-n-Coffee Show this weekend and have considered creating a car show board to display in front of the SSR. I have attached an image of the board and welcome any comments regarding what should, or shouldn't, be included in the text. I don't want it to be too busy, just enough good basic info on the SSR.

If you can't open the attached image, try this link:

SSR Car Show Display Board

Thank you, Carl

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All,

Am going to show the SSR at a local Cars-n-Coffee Show this weekend and have considered creating a car show board to display in front of the SSR. I have attached an image of the board and welcome any comments regarding what should, or shouldn't, be included in the text. I don't want it to be too busy, just enough good basic info on the SSR.

Thank you, Carl
Carl, thumbnails are n't working on the site :crying:(for a few weeks now). If you want some comments, upload the picture to your garage then copy and paste a link to the picture in this thread.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carl, thumbnails are n't working on the site :crying:(for a few weeks now). If you want some comments, upload the picture to your garage then copy and paste a link to the picture in this thread.
Thanks Pat, I added a link to my original post! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Carl
I like the idea -- I have considered having one of these made. I want to include the modifications I have done. I am going to wait until I get done doing modifications so, I don't have to make a new board.
Is there a website that you used to create this or was it photoshop?

Wait! I just reread one of my statements "Wait until I get done doing modifications" :glol

I guess I'll probably never get one.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carl
I like the idea -- I have considered having one of these made. I want to include the modifications I have done. I am going to wait until I get done doing modifications so, I don't have to make a new board.
Is there a website that you used to create this or was it photoshop?

Wait! I just reread one of my statements "Wait until I get done doing modifications" :glol

I guess I'll probably never get one.
Autoprof, I put this together in Photoshop. Pic is my SSR. Sized 18x24 at 300 dpi (uploaded image is much smaller). I can get it printed at Office Depot and mounted on foamcore board for MUCH less than the professional signboard websites are asking.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Carl: Nice looking display board. We'll done.

My only suggestion would be to remove the VIN # detail in the upper corner.

It's a different world we live in these days. If show attendees 'need to know' the VIN, they may be up to something other than admiring your beautiful ride.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi Carl
Looks great, I can look at the picture no problems.
My thoughts, would not include a picture of SSR as it is with your car anyway. Leaves more room for info.
Great information on how to produce create and produce a board, will give that a try!

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
The graphic appeal, font and colors are great just the way it is. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,856 Posts
Looks great! Love the look of the boardless SSR!

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,014 Posts
I have the Dealer Showroom Book laminated pages I display with mine.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's mine. (If you can view it) Did it on Vistaprint , shipped to the house for less than fifty bucks. (18x24 on foamboard)
Firetruck, thanks for posting your board, I was wondering of others had boards of their own. Unfortunately, I still get the "FORBIDDEN" error when I try to open attached pictures.
Cheers, Carl

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, I would really like to do this for Ilsa. Can you give us a limited breakdown on how you did it?
Achias, no problem... I am using Photoshop CS6 (last standalone version sold by Adobe).

1. Took a high-resolution photo of my SSR (300 dpi at 15 inches wide).
2. Found a high-rez SSR logo on the Internet.
3. Used Photoshop "Pen Tool" to draw around the SSR image and cropped just the truck from the background using the "Create Vector Mask" option of the "Direct Selection Tool".
4. Created a large black rectangle with black outline and placed the SSR on top of the black rectangle.
5. Made a flattened copy of the masked SSR, placed that layer below the original SSR layer, lightened it to all white, then used the Gaussian Blur function to create a white drop-shadow. This helps separate the black of the SSR from the black of the rectangle.
6. The black rectangle is smaller than the overall image size. This allows the light border around the perimeter.
7. Filled the background with a silver color, as close a match to the SSR color that I could make.
8. Used a "grunge stamp" to create the mottled effect on top of the background silver color to create the graduated, mottled, background (behind the black rectangle).
9. Used a hi-rez "SSR" logo to place at the bottom of the black rectangle. Created a mask from the "SS" portion of the "SSR" logo and use that to delete a portion of the black rectangle so you can see the mottled background through the "SS".
10. Used the "Bevel and Emboss" function to make the "R" more 3D. Used a thin black outline on the "R" to clean up the edges a bit.
11. Found a hi-rez "CHEVROLET" text on the Internet, Used the "Bevel and Emboss" and "Drop Shadow" functions to make it 3D. Placed it behind the SSR vehicle layer.
12. Used a relatively simple and bold font to write the SSR information in a layer above the black rectangle.

Easy day!
Cheers, Carl

1 - 20 of 30 Posts