Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
people,

does the wheel size preclude this beauty from the rails at auto car washes?

don't want to find out too late!

rick :cool

·
Registered
136 Posts
have been through just about every type of car wash (funny how a black car gravitates to car washes) and haven't had any problem.

t

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rick,

Be careful. My dealer told me not to take it through a car wash because the rims can get scaped on the rails. There was an earlier post of an owner who had to replace a wheel because of a car wash.

Slingshot

C

·
0 Posts
Brushless Car Wash

I have been through 2 different brushless car washes here in FL. 4-5" clearance on either side of the tires. Also a hand car wash in the area that has a rinse area that you have to trip a plate to activate the rinse cycle.... No problems except the divers side window has a very slight leak at the top-back side----but it is getting hit with quite a bit of water pressure----with mild pressure no problems at all. I have had several other cars leak in the same spot at the same car wash----Caddy and BMW....

C

·
0 Posts
Where in FL??

I am in the Melbourne Beach area---east coast. There are 3 of us in the area that I know about----black-yellow and my red one. All 3 of us bought in the Orlando area from different dealers. A guy stopped in my parking lot where I was reading my manuel on the SSR---sitting in it with the top down.... This guy then tells me he is bringing his down from Ohio in Feb. I know what you mean about the show and tell on the top at store parking lots.... It is starting not to be so much fun when some of the lookyloos get pushy......One guy even asked me if he could take it for a spin----he was serious too.... Oh well, the car sure is fun.........

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm near venice on the west coast and have seen one red and one yellow besides my black beauty. both have been moving away from me, so i've not met the owners. sure is fun to be different a bit though, and so far the viewers have been very complimentary and courteous.

t

·
Registered
705 Posts
I pay $50 for hand wash and wax once a month. $20 if no wax. Find a car wash that offers hand washing. Just my 2 cents...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts