Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been plagued with carbon buildup on both tails, especially the left one and a friend at a recent car show had an awesome solution. He used Glass Cleaner!! It took a good bit of work but it did just fine after a while. I also bought and used some Liqui Tech Metal Finish Polishing Creme at a car show last weekend. It must have worked because I got 1st place! The trick of course is to not let it build up at all, so every other day I clean the tail pipes with glass cleaner and use the polish on weekends. If you want to get some (I have no interest in the company) you can call 757-464-4308 or email them at [email protected]. Previously I had tried just about every brand of metal polish out there but this stuff was superior to all of them. :seeya

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
That is cool! where is the picture.?! What about this Polish for the tailpipe can you buy it at a auto store? It sounds like what I am looking for. I have noticed a lot of black dust on the tailgate when I wash. I actually clean the inside of the pipes too.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the phone and email in my post at the top of this thread for ordering info. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I find a lot of black on the rear also.
I was surprised how much it attracts the dirt. The front gets all the bugs too. Worse than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Or maybe it's just the yellow.
I too clean the inside of the tailpipes after every wash, with a separate rag.
I thought about trying oven cleaner on them since that works good on my stainless steel grill. I'm just worried about the effect on the paint if it gets on it over time.
They do look great real shiny though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts