1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
If

hotrodgirl said:
I would whistle for you but you wouldn't hear it :lol :lol

Looking Good :thumbs Sharp very Sharp :yesnod

IF SHE WOULD WHISTLE, BUT YOU COULDN'T HEAR IT, WOULD SHE STILL MAKE A SOUND?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Very attractive cover but I have an issue with the name on it. Seems like putting "Porche" on a Volkswagon, or "Roush" on a Taurus. Correct IF Lingenfelter has done your powertrain. I am really shocked John's shop allows this and wonder if it was allowed before he passed. I have had a Lingenfelter 383 and I know what having that name on a vehicle USED???to???? mean?????

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Danko said:
Very attractive cover but I have an issue with the name on it. Seems like putting "Porche" on a Volkswagon, or "Roush" on a Taurus. Correct IF Lingenfelter has done your powertrain. I am really shocked John's shop allows this and wonder if it was allowed before he passed. I have had a Lingenfelter 383 and I know what having that name on a vehicle USED???to???? mean?????
Well, I don't look at it any differently than say putting an "STP", "Mobil-1" sticker or any other decal on a car. Just because its there does not mean its in the oil, etc. Its free advertising for them and they do make the piece, so I guess they feel its OK to brand it. First it was designer jeans now its designer auto parts.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
How about some SSR babe stickers?

Ricochet said:
Well, I don't look at it any differently than say putting an "STP", "Mobil-1" sticker or any other decal on a car. Just because its there does not mean its in the oil, etc. Its free advertising for them and they do make the piece, so I guess they feel its OK to brand it. First it was designer jeans now its designer auto parts.
Next question... if hotrodgirl or wildcat66 made up their own stickers would anyone of us put them on top of one of our parts?

SSR parts to those that might have other thoughts...
:nono

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Marc NY said:
Next question... if hotrodgirl or wildcat66 made up their own stickers would anyone of us put them on top of one of our parts?

SSR parts to those that might have other thoughts...
:nono

Ahhhh Now I get it. We were borne on the exact same Month and day. Except im seven years younger and a lot better looking! :D

PS I don't need Stickers of Deb, I can still handle the real deal, and she needs no further enhancement unlike our motors.

·
Registered
262 Posts
deb & wildcat stickers

Ricochet said:
Ahhhh Now I get it. We were borne on the exact same Month and day. Except im seven years younger and a lot better looking! :D

PS I don't need Stickers of Deb, I can still handle the real deal, and she needs no further enhancement unlike our motors.
i'm not touching this deb & wildcat sticker thing, but marc i sure like your final production run avitar.
circlek

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you have a problem with the logo

Just order one with "none" and you get a carbon fiber cover without the Lingenfelter on it.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Donnysan said:
Just order one with "none" and you get a carbon fiber cover without the Lingenfelter on it.
Indeed it can be ordered with a delete logo option if you like. But the real issue here I think is who has the BIGGER sticker.:thumbs

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Installed on my 04

Here'e mine on the 5.3, with no Lingenfelter logo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,381 Posts
Will the 03/04 cover fit the 06??

The 03 cover had a bit of style - the new one on the 05/06 is a blob with mostly undefined edges.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flassh said:
Will the 03/04 cover fit the 06??

The 03 cover had a bit of style - the new one on the 05/06 is a blob with mostly undefined edges.
No The two are totally different. Thats why I ordered mine with the logo. The LS2s cover is just a lot of humps and bumps so the logo IMO gives it some definition.

·
Premium Member
9,381 Posts
The SSR logo panel looks to be the same, so it could be assumed that the mounting points are the same.

The LS2 appears to have all its components in the same position, so I'm also assuming that the overall engine configuration stays the same.

If both of those assumptions are true, the old cover should fit. I'll find out for sure if the 06 does get built. I'll give the 03 the blob and repaint the old one that I spent stupid amounts of time working on. I think some candy apple red would look pretty good under the hood.

A polished supercharger, and those polished valve covers and coil relocation brackets would be a lot better, but..........

Fuzzy, you wouldn't be a nice guy and build me a set of those billet "Vortec" letters for the cover, , would ya???

Ray

Attachments

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Flash

Your cover looks great, what did you line the creases on the sides with?

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The two covers are not interchangeable between the 5.3L and the 6.0L engines.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts