Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi To Our Fanatic Family!
Pop-Pop and Doris here from The Wonderful Warner Robins!

We are not on the site much, very busy caring for Doris' disabled son, but we have a "Special Request."

There is a young man in our neighboring town, 19 years old, who is suffering from relapsed brain cancer. He has been fighting this battle for some time and enjoys receiving cards, letters, pictures, etc. from many people, according to our local paper. In his words, " I sit and read each and every one of them. It means so much to me that people everywhere care about me and support me. They pray for me and think of me, and it's just very uplifting." According to his Mother, he seems to draw strength from the cards and letters, it gives him a reason to smile. She stated that he is very impressed by mail from other states and areas. Thus I am asking you good people to help join the battle this young man is fighting by sending him some mail, maybe some SSR pictures, etc. Let's keep him uplifted and possibly help him win this battle. In my opinion, there is no better medicine than knowing that you are loved and that other people care about you.

THANK YOU FROM THE HEART! WE LOVE YOU ALL! ~ Doris and Pop-Pop

:grouphug ~ Let's all be his :angel :angel angels!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is Doris and Pop-Pop reporting in! I'm so new at this, I forgot the most important thing, Kody's address! ~ Sorry folks!

Kody Lucas
207 Addison Lane
Perry, Georgia 31069

THANKS AGAIN!!!

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,421 Posts
My friends and I will get cards in the mail to Kody from Charlotte, NC as well as Palm Springs, Richmond, Arlington and the country of Libya. We wish him the best and thanks go to you for doing this with all you have going on.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,987 Posts
Card went out today

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!!!

THANKS so much "Blue Streak"! You're a Saint for sending the card to Kody!
We haven't had much response to our request to help uplift the spirits of this young man, in his battle with the demon called cancer, but "May Blessings Be With You For Your Act Of Kindness!"

Pop-Pop and Doris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS YELLOW DZH and SUSAN!

THANKS A lot to you both for taking time to send a card to Kody! I know it will be helpful in lifting his spirit! You are both "Saints" for being so thoughtful and caring! May blessings be with you both!
And have a wonderful Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

Pop-Pop and Doris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much, sinister!!!

THANKS SO MUCH, SINISTER!!! ~ You're a real SAINT, I' m sure Kody will enjoy the card and the t-shirt! ~Blessings be with you!!! :angel

Pop-Pop & Doris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANKS A BUNCH, Mike!!!

THANKS A BUNCH MIKE & MARILYN!!! ~ You're both angels!!! :angel :angel

I'll bet Kody will be thrilled to receive your card! ~ Mike, I hope you are doing well after your heart issues; we missed you & Marilyn at this years Rally In The Valley! Take care, Hugs to both of you!

Pop-Pop & Doris

·
Was WILDBILLandRED
846 Posts
This will be the most meaningfull card Ill send this Christmas.
I will send one out today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANKS WILD BILL and RED!!!

As we say here in the South, "THANKS A BUNCH" Wild Bill and Red, You're a Saint! :angel ~ I know this young man will be most appreciative of the cards we send and hopefully, it will inspire him to fight this dreadful disease very diligently and hopefully be a winner! ~ Blessings be with you!

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
i will be sending a card out tomorrow from CJ n Vickie
prayers as well

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot cj!

Thanks a Lot CJ! ~ I know your card will probably make Kody smile! Your thoughtfulness makes you a SAINT! :angel
Blessings be with you!

Pop-Pop & Doris

·
SS Owner, Not SSR But SS
2,409 Posts
has anyone given him a ride in their R that lives nearby

1 - 17 of 17 Posts