Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|
OK, I'm getting close to wanting to put the two saddle bags in the back. On a trail "fit", I can see that the sliding cross rail needs to be as far back as possible to make room for the bags to fit toward the back.

Since the bag holder "dealies" have a plastic piece with a hole in it, it seems like one of the D rings would go thru the hole and then into the side rail to hold them in place.

I see this as (workable) for the back (tail) end of the bags, but what about the forward ends of the bags.

It seemed to me like the (top side) rail knobs would be a good connection point for the front bag (dealies).............but now I'm having no success understanding the (purpose) of those knobs. If you try to unscrew them, they only go so far...........don't come out so I could use them for the front bag atttachment. What purpose do those (top) knobs serve??? Obviously, the rail knobs on the sides "lock" in the rail where ever you want to locate it.

What (anchor point) do most of you use to attach the front end of the bags.???

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume that you are talking soft bags?? Invented a new word. [DEALIES]?

Bird
:|
Yup, I'm referring to the soft bags. On the back at each end of each bag, is a short strap with a short plastic piece on the end with a hole in it. It is presumed that the (hole) would accommodate a (D ring) which would enable it to be secured to the cargo rails on each side.

Those short strap pieces are what you should now know to be.................(dealies):grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
"D" rings.

Each "D" ring screws into a "slider nut" in the track on each side. Screw the D ring out, put the shaft thru that hole in the end of the strap from the bag. Screw the D ring shaft back into the slider nut. Do all four straps. Position the bags where you want them and tighten the D rings. The reason for the "D" ring is so that you can snap the net into them if you wish when not using it for the bags.

Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts