Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate any leads to the best deal on cargo edge trim for when you remove the cargo lid. I will be wanting to buy in January with ho ho ho money. Or if anyone has a used black set that they want to sell. If the price is right I can take any color. Thanks.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

I’m thinking if I do a airbrushed realistic babe on that lid, I will need to take it off to display at shows, or I’ll get belt buckles sides. KW has a image with a roadster sporting that trim edge at the irwindale event, I think.

·
Registered
99 Posts
cargo cover

2005SSR6Speed said:
I really want to see how that edge trim looks. I have been wanting to see it for a while.
I have the trim kit, had it on for the Corona gathering. Matt had his at Irwindale. It's pretty cool and not that hard to switch back with a extra set of hands. The lid is rather heavy and awkward.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks Rick .... I rushed through their site and did not find it. I will take more time and dig into it again. I had thought I seen them for $120 some where.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

HA HA the drag is probable worse than the weight hot rodder.

thanks Marc

·
Registered
230 Posts
I want to show mine with the lid off and may be a surf board in the bed,
California Dreamin' while its 16 degrees here, I have been working on a really cool 49 Cadillac Sedanette lately, Caprice chassis, Escalade 6.oL with
Magnacharger, 16'' billets cut to look like 59 caddy hub caps, its for a guy from
St. paul..................later RICK

·
Registered
631 Posts
Marc NY said:
Here ya go Ed, here is a shot I took at Coney Island in Athens in August of 04. Not the best shot but should give you a small idea of what it looks like anyways.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/662/cat/500/ppuser/784
Marc NY - Thanks for posting the link. Do you have the part number for the trim rails? GM and I don't always speak the same language, and I get nervous about buying rails, tracks, covers, etc., when the GMpartsdirect site doesn't specify exactly what the part is supposed to be. I could go the local dealer, but then I wouldn't have the pleasure of posting to all these good folks! :lol

Thanks in advance for any information. :flag

Frank D.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thank you!

JeffDBFl said:
Unpainted part # is 1511462 GM suggested price $150.00
so much for the info. Ain't it always the case, now I have to factor in purchase times 2, maybe shipping slightly less than times 2, plus paint times 2 (different colors - not too smart). But the info and the willingness to provide it is priceless! :jester

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,193 Posts
Takes more than that

OK Frank,

If you're gonna do it, do it right. You will need to buy the lid storage bag so that you can hang your lid on the wall while removed from the truck. If you're gonna have both at the same time, you will need 2 storage bags. Get your checkbook out big boy.

Mikey:jester

·
Registered
631 Posts
Oooh, there's a mean streak there

Mike in AZ said:
OK Frank,

If you're gonna do it, do it right. You will need to buy the lid storage bag so that you can hang your lid on the wall while removed from the truck. If you're gonna have both at the same time, you will need 2 storage bags. Get your checkbook out big boy.

Mikey:jester
that I hadn't seen before. :reddevil Okay, O Thrifty One! I can do two bags, but you still need to shop for another :ssr - in Smokin' Asphalt! Only 3 more shopping days! :glol

·
Registered
631 Posts
Missing number?

JeffDBFl said:
Unpainted part # is 1511462 GM suggested price $150.00
Went to the GM Parts Direct site, and found the bed rails, unpainted, but the part number showed 15115462, unpainted, and Parts Direct lists them @ $126 plus shipping and tax depending on where you live. Missing "5" in the part # could be why there's no recognition from dealers?

Thanks again for the info. :seeya

1 - 20 of 39 Posts