Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I seem to have 5 of the plastic rings, but only 3 of those special (slightly curved) nuts that slide into the rails and then the plastic ring deal threads into it.

Tried to show pic, but it must have disappeared into never never land.

Anyway, anyone know where to get a couple of these special type nuts.??

·
Tech Support/Research
1,667 Posts
Flat Capture Nuts

In the past when I've needed these I've used a piece of steel flat bar and drilled and tapped it for the metric threads of the "D" ring. It's easier to make several at one time from a single piece of flat bar and then cut them into the smaller individual nuts.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:|
In the past when I've needed these I've used a piece of steel flat bar and drilled and tapped it for the metric threads of the "D" ring. It's easier to make several at one time from a single piece of flat bar and then cut them into the smaller individual nuts.
:| Thanks, I may end up doing just that. I have a "el cheapo" tap/die set, but don't think it has metrics in it. May have to get another set in metric.:frown2:

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I know this may be the cheap way of doing it, but it works well enough too hold down items. I have just gone too the hardware store and bought the metric nuts that fit the D rings, bought Flat washers for the size D ring threads. I then used one of the OEM nuts and marked the Flat washers, cut them down with my Dremmel tool and epoxied the nut too one side. They work too hold items in place. Just a simple way, until I can run across some of the OEM nuts..

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this may be the cheap way of doing it, but it works well enough too hold down items. I have just gone too the hardware store and bought the metric nuts that fit the D rings, bought Flat washers for the size D ring threads. I then used one of the OEM nuts and marked the Flat washers, cut them down with my Dremmel tool and epoxied the nut too one side. They work too hold items in place. Just a simple way, until I can run across some of the OEM nuts..
:smile2:
As a fellow Dremel owner, I really like that idea. My local ACE H.W.. should have the nuts and then I can do the rest.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Bruce60, Sorry for getting back so slow, I think I have one extra of the screws for the Cargo Bar. Send me a PM with the address and I will get it in the mail for you if you are still in need.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I am looking for a Roof Tool. I know Mike has the retooled ones and they look pretty awesome. Just thinking I want too stay with the OEM if possible and reasonably priced. If anyone has one, send me a PM with what You are looking for to part with it. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts