Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown2:
OK, I'm kinda not sure exactly where to find (the other end) of the wiring to the cargo lid lamp. It seems the original owner must have clipped the 3 wires (to avoid any potential of the fire it could cause?). So, right now there is a length of wire hanging down from the cargo lid and I would like to re-establish the connection and of course make the LED lamp and appropriate fuse changes that were recommended.

Meantime, owner #2 (KGB) has had some custom mats and side carpeting installed and somewhere behind that stuff is the other end of the wiring I need to find. Fasteners for this carpeting is some kind of black plastic button affair. No screw slots of any kind. So I am reluctant to just start tugging at a corner of it less I break off one or more of these strange fasteners.

Anyone familiar with this kind of cargo bed carpeting setup and/or the location of the cargo lamp wiring as it comes into the bed area.:|

Also, can someone refer me to the post where I can order up the whole LED bulb/lamp setup as I want to switch mine out for LEDs all around.:smile2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,545 Posts
Bed light wiring comes in at hinge, drivers side. Push switch attached to hinge, wire then goes to Bed Release Module behind drivers side tail light.

Black Push pins are available at NAPA, or should be.

I wouldn't hesitate to remove carpet.

Dicktator

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts