Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all you SSR expert's. I'm looking for a cargo lamp and complete wiring harness for my 06 SSR. Or any suggestions on an aftermarket set-up..In advance, thanks, all info will be greatly appreciated...

an ole grunt

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Finding a used one is probably going to be hard since they are part of the roof carpeting in the trunk. Is the old light area totally destroyed? Burnt or broke? Do you need a new lens as well or just the electrics?

If it were me I would just wire a 12V line to where the light was and install an LED festoon style bulb with a tilt switch or maybe just a physical toggle switch.

Tilt switch - 2 Pack New Omega AU46 Car Bike Boat Alarm Trunk Hood 12V Tilt Switch Sensor | eBay

Festoon style bulb - 2X White C5W 9mm 8 SMD LED Map Interior Festoon Dome Car Light Lamp Bulb | eBay

Or you could just wire up an LED dome light from an RV. Maybe paint the housing black? - Dome Cargo Lights Fixtures 12V LED Ceiling Interior Camper Boat RV Trailer

Or if you don't mind changing light bulbs this has a magnet that will attach itself to the trunk panel and has a switch. - Portable Worklight & Flashlight - 27 LED Light Flashlight

Lots of alternatives .........

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Finding a used one is probably going to be hard since they are part of the roof carpeting in the trunk. Is the old light area totally destroyed? Burnt or broke? Do you need a new lens as well or just the electrics?

If it were me I would just wire a 12V line to where the light was and install an LED festoon style bulb with a tilt switch or maybe just a physical toggle switch.

Tilt switch - 2 Pack New Omega AU46 Car Bike Boat Alarm Trunk Hood 12V Tilt Switch Sensor | eBay

Festoon style bulb - 2X White C5W 9mm 8 SMD LED Map Interior Festoon Dome Car Light Lamp Bulb | eBay

Or you could just wire up an LED dome light from an RV. Maybe paint the housing black? - Dome Cargo Lights Fixtures 12V LED Ceiling Interior Camper Boat RV Trailer

Or if you don't mind changing light bulbs this has a magnet that will attach itself to the trunk panel and has a switch. - Portable Worklight & Flashlight - 27 LED Light Flashlight

Lots of alternatives .........
Thanks so much for your input. Was thinking along those lines with using LED Glow lighting (have undercarriage lighting). I could not remember the name for the switch (tilt). I owned a 2004 Silver SSR and it did not have the carpet cover or cargo lamp as my 06 SSr does not. Someone just forgot to check the box when ordering. I would really like to have stock wiring..if anyone has info please contact me. Thanks again.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
flamminnanner06
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing