Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before buying or ordering a bulb and fuse I checked mine. The bulb & Fuse are good. I unscrewed the connector and I have only two pins and some corrosion. I can cut off the shrink tuning and repair the wiring but what can I do for a pin? I would like for it to maintain the original look. Thanks for any help.
OG

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,523 Posts
The preventive fix can be found on Dicktators Library it a good place to check out many fixes and get much needed info. I'm sure there is a fix for the wires it is a common problem !

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
I think the plug with wires is available from various suppliers. I also believe @Mike in AZ has a source for them and was trying to find a source for the circuit board

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,777 Posts
Before buying or ordering a bulb and fuse I checked mine. The bulb & Fuse are good. I unscrewed the connector and I have only two pins and some corrosion. I can cut off the shrink tuning and repair the wiring but what can I do for a pin? I would like for it to maintain the original look. Thanks for any help.
OG
Yes, the one that caught fire was fine before it happened.

Sounds like you are headed for fire or just avoided one by pin burning.

You have 3amp Halogen Bulb a 10AMP fuse!! Tell me how a 3amp bulb is going to blow 10AMP fuse if there is short! WON'T!!

It's your SSR, do what you like. Just sharing what we have experienced, solved and are sharing with SSR Fanatics.

PS. Going cost a LOT more than $15.00 bucks to fix it if it catches fire. RDM is about $400 bucks if it takes it out. (IF you can find one!!)

Dicktator

How to Library:
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cargo light

Before opening connector I removed the fuse, no chance of fire with the fuse removed.
I would like a pin or replacement plug or something so it will look original. Any help would be appreciated.
OG

·
BLU SSR
3,527 Posts
OG ,
I don't want you to think we are ganging up on you , but once you get your pin/connector problem fixed , I would go ahead and install the bed light kit. The new LED light is a lot brighter (you're going to like that) and comes with a 1 amp fuse to replace your current 10 -15 amp fuse so that any problems in the future will blow the fuse before any additional damage to modules that supply the power to the light circuit or causes a fire.
Like Dick said , it's your truck so you make the call . :thumbs :blur: :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,777 Posts
Before opening connector I removed the fuse, no chance of fire with the fuse removed.
I would like a pin or replacement plug or something so it will look original. Any help would be appreciated.
OG
Which do you need, male/female?? I think we can find one. How about PC module, is it ok? Under bed carpet.

You know with the fuse out, you have no sun visor lights or curtesy light, same circuit.

Bed light cable goes to hinge switch and then to Bed Release Module.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I contacted Mike, he has the connector and pins and will send them.
Thanks for your help,
OG

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike in AZ contacted me, he has the pins and connector in stock.
I don't know anything about the PC module, I'm not that far, I have the fuse out and don't have power at this time.
I can only hope the PC module is OK.
OG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts