Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received exactmat - cargo mats. which I bought through E-bay.

The floor mats which I had bought earlier I didn't like but these cargo mats are a must--- especially if you have carpeting and the strips.

Not by choice, I have to haul lots of stuff in the cargo and I always worry
about scratching the strips and dirting the carpet. These cargo mats work great. :thumbs

It is a perfect fit. to custom fit, Just cut off the spikes which lays over the strips and cut a small hole on each sides for the round hooks holding the cargo net.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the Exactmats floor mats. Seem to work well. What was it that you didn't like about them? I wondered about the cargo mat and how the spikes would work with the strips; so you just cut the spikes off...interesting.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
floor mat were exact size but for my everyday use I needed a bit larger or heavy duty floor mats.

For cargo mats; by slicing off all the sprike that lands over the strips and rails, its a perfect fit and looks awesome :thumbs

Cut two round hole about the size of a quarter where you are going to secure the two net fastening hook on the floor and you'll be all set.

It's one of the most functional, useful accessory purchase for my SSR besides the colgan bra!!

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
saharajohn said:
floor mat were exact size but for my everyday use I needed a bit larger or heavy duty floor mats.

For cargo mats; by slicing off all the sprike that lands over the strips and rails, its a perfect fit and looks awsome :thumbs

Cut two round hole about the size of a quarter where you are going to secure the two net fastening hook on the floor and you'll be all set.

It's one of the most functional, useful accesory purchase for my SSR besides the colgan bra!!
PICS please?

S

·
0 Posts
I bought the clear plastic bedliner for mine, and it's been raining here for a couple of days. This morning when I stopped by the dry cleaners to pick up some clothes, I opened the back and, !!!
There was a LOT of moisture under 75% od the darn thing!
I rolled it up, and intend to put it away unless I need to haul something in it.
I felt around on the carpet, and it didn't really feel wet, just a little moist. So you can bet I'll be watching it from now on!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Drill some holes for ventilation

If the mat is for scuff protection in general and your not trying to use it as a water barrier, then a few well placed vent holes may help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts