Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know that I am supposed to read and memorize the manual, but I have to ask the "Stupid Question of the Day"....

I have a very neat "U" shaped cut in the lower center portion of the carpeting behind the passenger seat. Obviously done on purpose at the factory. What is this for???????

Just a straight answer please, no engineer abuse...... thanks.

Mike

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
RTFM
It conceals the cables to release the roof for manual closing. There is one behind both seats.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do I have to remove the inflator kit to get to the other hole???

AND, Oh Yes..... RTFM...... Standard problem for all engineers. I was not going to use the acronym in the original post, for fear of offending someone or telling you all that I already am afflicted with the disease......

Humble

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ok, now that you got a straight answer and abuse what will you be doing now???? Will you be going to DISNEY LAND? :lol :jester :lol :jester

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
I will have to admit the only reason I knew about it was because the mechanic left the cable hanging out behind the passenger seat when I had work done to repair my roof. I had to RTFM to find out what the cable was. Also learned how to operate the top manually. :thumbs

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
mikem-2005 said:
I never realized how tough this group could be.....

Off to Disneyland.....

RTFM
I have this problem that I have moved 3 times since buying my SSR.....AND I have no idea where my manual is....if I was smart I would have put it in that funny shaped opening under the bed cover! :seeya

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RTFM Deficient

I have not heard of many people needing to manually operate their roof, but I guess I better read up and teach myself how. Thanks. :thumbs

Most of us who suffer from RTFM deficiency are pretty thick skinned. I think it is a result of the abuse we get. :smash

Later,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
WOW, you guys are a tuff crowd! I'm going to go read my manual right now :leaving ..Then maybe DisneyLand :cheers

·
Premium Member
31,421 Posts
dingbat said:
RTFM
It conceals the cables to release the roof for manual closing. There is one behind both seats.
I thought the other was to release the tonneau, or would that be a third cable?

And yet, I did RTFM, but I guess I didn't do it well enough. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got my used....and I did not get a manual....

I did manage to download one from Chevy.... I haven't had a chance to read it yet......

I guess I will continue to wing it.... :cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts