Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered and installed carpet, wood strips, and lid cover in SSR with bed liner? I made the mistake of ordering without finished cargo area. Ordered truck over the phone without seeing any brochure or pics of rear area. My dealer has looked up the part numbers, and looks like close to $900 to finish the rear. :rolleyes: Thanks Ted

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Sorry, 17 - my experience with this guy is the opposite - total disaster. Maybe he operates better on his website than he does on EBAY. I had the only bid on EBAY for a set of SSR floormats @ $79. His Paypal was set up not to accept credit cards where the shipping address didn't match the card address (I use a US shipping address for all UPS shipments) Tried several Emails, 3 phone calls - no reply to any of it - then he left the only negative feedback I have ever received on EBAY, saying that I refused to complete the transaction.

If someone is buying from him on EBAY - check out the feedback he has received. Very consistent on poor communications, not returning calls, not answering emails - he's definitely not someone I would want to do business with.

:nono

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Carpet Your Trunk

HI Ted,

GO FOR IT!!!! The price you got for $900.00 isn't that bad at all. It stickers out for $895.00 and invoices @ $796.55 so for $103.45 more than invocie it really is not a bad deal at all. I think having the carpet in the trunk finishes the SSR off very nicely. You will enjoy having it there and if you show your truck off to your friends or if you go to some car shows it brings a lot of nice comments too!
:D

PS if for some reason you have to sleep out in it some night... just remove the velcro backed wood strips, it sure makes for a nice soft bed liner too! LOL ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Ted,
You will enjoy the carpet kit. It took my dealer a while to figure out the part numbers but it was worth the wait. The cargo top liner does not come with the wiring harness for the courtesy light. I have not looked in the truck yet to see if it is hidden or if it is another part to order. It really trims out the bed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Im just the opposite I dont want the carpet kit I haul off the garbage in mine and dont want to stain the carpet

O

·
0 Posts
cargo area accessories

I saw an ebay ad from a dealer who had to remove the side bags and cargo net from a SSR in order to sell it. He started auction at $250 and I won it. He said the stuff is worth $599. Don't know about that, but $250 sounded like a deal to me. I haven't received the merchandise yet--hope is IS a good deal and something I don't regret (like pieces missing or something).

Elaine
Redline Red 2004

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I have had other owners with the Carpet option say they liked the ones without, like mine.

It's a cool option, if you have it, or you can create your own like LLOGER'S Yellow SSr.

RickSSR :cool

R

·
0 Posts
Took delivery of my Yellow 03 last fall and tried and tried to order the molded carpet cover for the underside of the Tonneau and couldn't. Unavailable. I need to use the bed for work as "a truck" so didn't order with the finished bed, but thought that all SSR's should have come with the tonneau carpet panel. On my visit to the plant with my truck (first private owner to have their truck to plant for minor "tweaking") I commented to enough people that they should make this part available over the parts counter and perhaps it paid off if now you can order it! Lansing Craft Center was nice enough to see that I left with this panel on my truck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Carpet

Did you just order the carpet for the underside of the cover? I tried at the dealer and they couldn't find the numbers. How did you do it???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't order carpet

My parts manager tried to order the carpet kit, and was told know one is building it now. The only way you could order it was for a truck that already had it as an option and give them the vin #. If this makes any sense? Like they would take the parts from the assembly line.
I was on a road trip to Yosemite and saw a red SSR heading N on 99 Sunday around 1pm in Fresno. We drove 04 siliverado, afraid of bears with SSR.
Later Ted :seeya

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello

Mine also did not come with the carpet and now I really would like it. I went to the locla Power chevrolet here in Corona and they said it would be part number 17800225 but it is not available. Does anyone know if thats the wrong number? or they just didnt want to help or is it true?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
another vote

Like Machell says - some like it some don't - I treat the cab and the exterior like a baby and the truck bed like a truck bed - don't have the carpeting and really don't want it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
received carpet kit

I finally took delivery of all carpet and under lid cover, with wood strips. Total cost was $926, I havent installed it yet, my bigest concern is the wiring harness for the light. I hope the wiring is laying behind the bed liner. To order this we copied the vin# from one in stock that had the carpet and parts manager called and said it was ripped off. Chevy pulled the parts from production.
Good luck, :) Ted :)

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
carpet kit

hi Ted My kit came along with the harness for the light, but no directions on where to hook it up. The directions you gave me got me to the area, the trouble is the plug that hooks up near the black box is on the same end of the harness along with the plug to the light no way it can reach. I know Iam not the swiftnes when it comes to electric. I guess I will take it to dealer and have them to just install the harness. thanks Jim

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tonneau carpet #

For those of you wanting to order the carpet for the tonneau only the part# is 10388714. It can be ordered as a seperate piece from the complete kit.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Marc NY said:
HI Ted,

GO FOR IT!!!! The price you got for $900.00 isn't that bad at all. It stickers out for $895.00 and invoices @ $796.55 so for $103.45 more than invocie it really is not a bad deal at all. I think having the carpet in the trunk finishes the SSR off very nicely. You will enjoy having it there and if you show your truck off to your friends or if you go to some car shows it brings a lot of nice comments too!
:D

PS if for some reason you have to sleep out in it some night... just remove the velcro backed wood strips, it sure makes for a nice soft bed liner too! LOL ;)
Mark, Should we infer from your note that the P.S. is based on personal experience :lol Some of the most valuable information comes from others personal experiences...

Just Kidding, I got a good laugh of of your post :)

Rob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts