Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CD of JULY 4th EVENT

I might have missed a post about the CD of the 4th of July event at Irwindale? Has anyone received their CD? I'm to get mine along with one for Sierra Chevrolet. I'd like to get the CD before Sierra forgets all about us. I plan to take the CD to Sierra and ask that they sponsor us for next years event.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Fred Edick said:
CD of JULY 4th EVENT

I might have missed a post about the CD of the 4th of July event at Irwindale? Has anyone received their CD? I'm to get mine along with one for Sierra Chevrolet. I'd like to get the CD before Sierra forgets all about us. I plan to take the CD to Sierra and ask that they sponsor us for next years event.
Last time I talked to the video guy - he said a couple more weeks - and that was a week or so ago. I was told he'd send me a 'preview' copy - I asked Lloyd if he'd be willing to pick it up and review - might save a couple days???

At the rate it's going - the DVD will make a great Christmas present! :lol

I'll ring the firm up again today and see where we are...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just checked back in after being away for a month or two. Have the video people received any advance payment yet? Are they trustworthy not to keep putting us off if they have our money?

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Stan said:
I just checked back in after being away for a month or two. Have the video people received any advance payment yet? Are they trustworthy not to keep putting us off if they have our money?
Trustworthy - yes!

Slow - Yes! (The firm is making sure the quality is up there, and he has LOTS of footage to cram into the final product.)

I was told I should be seeing the cover and/or initial DVD soon. :cool

Check out their website at: http://www.purcellproductions.com

A sample is here: http://www.purcellproductions.com/clients_demos/speed_truck.html

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Ken Thurm said:
(The firm is making sure the quality is up there)
mmmmmmmm Sound familiar!
Sorry , just struck a nerve!
DOOH !!!!! :glol :glol :glol

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I did get the cover art recently - so I am assuming that the DVD is getting closer... I'll email the folks again today to see if I can get an estimated delivery date...

(FYI: It won't say "place text here" on the final cover...) :lol

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
DVD from Irwindale

Here's the latest from the video firm:

I would like to say between Dec 5 -10, hopefully sooner.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Darren Purcell

:yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod

I am so sorry that this had dragged out so long - thank you for all the patience. I think that the the final product will be something special - especially with the news that Lansing will be closing. I WILL ship these DVD's out too you all the day I get them...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kwhopper89 said:
Here's the latest from the video firm:

I would like to say between Dec 5 -10, hopefully sooner.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Darren Purcell

:yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod

I am so sorry that this had dragged out so long - thank you for all the patience. I think that the the final product will be something special - especially with the news that Lansing will be closing. I WILL ship these DVD's out too you all the day I get them...
Can't believe it has taken so long to put a video together, is it really going to happen? I know the crew worked their butts off doing filming the entire day but now wonder if there was film in the cameras? I'll add the video to my Christmas list, just one more thing Santa wont bring me..........

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Fred Edick said:
Can't believe it has taken so long to put a video together, is it really going to happen? I know the crew worked their butts off doing filming the entire day but now wonder if there was film in the cameras? I'll add the video to my Christmas list, just one more thing Santa wont bring me..........
I'm just as bummed as the rest of you all - I had second thoughts about even getting the video done - but since it was, all I can do is wait too...

Now, If you want to give up on the DVD - I'll send your cash back. PLEASE PM me if thats what you want to do...

(I've got another email into the guy - so, we'll see what I hear today...)

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Wasn't there, but would love to add something else to my SSR collection plate. I can't allow Wildcat to have all the good stuff. ;)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
DVD's are DONE...

Just got an email from Pursell Production:

Keith,
Sorry for the delay, it is finished, we are making copies and packaging them up. They will go out tomorrow for sure. Again I apologize for the delay on the whole project, we just wanted to make sure we had all the best footage and a great video.
Happy Holidays,
Darren

FINALLY!!!!!! I should be mailing out to individuals this week!!!

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts
thanks KW

And Christmas was saved; all the boys and girls held hands as they danced with joy around the tree. Zoom in on smiling face and fade to black.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Irwindale Video

kwhopper89

Keith,

There was no way I would accept a refund from you, we all went into this deal with open eyes. I see the video is going to happen so all is well. Look forward to getting my copy and taking one to Sierra Chevrolet for them to have. Thanks again Keith for your efforts on making this happen. :thumbs

·
Registered
33 Posts
7/2/05 ???

Keith - Irwindale is a very small image in our rear view mirrors - 5+ months ago! Although I am sure you are well intentioned - you're out of excuses, from where I stand!!! The videograhper could have done "War & Peace" (The unabridged version) by now. Send us the DVD................you or someone has been holding all of the members money for too long a time. Jeff

1 - 20 of 49 Posts