Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cell Phone Mounting Ideas

I'm wondering what great mounting ideas or configurations you folks have made for your cell phone? I was using a vent mount that worked well until I broke one of the vent veins! Given how rare SSR parts have become, I hesitate to use continue using the vent mount. Love to see what everyone is doing for their phones - especially if you intend to use them for GPS!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
I'm wondering what great mounting ideas or configurations you folks have made for your cell phone? I was using a vent mount that worked well until I broke one of the vent veins! Given how rare SSR parts have become, I hesitate to use continue using the vent mount. Love to see what everyone is doing for their phones - especially if you intend to use them for GPS!
Try https://www.proclipusa.com/?utm_sou... cars&utm_content=Phone Mounts For Cars>Exact

I have had very good luck with them for GPS mounts.

Reactions: misterdp

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I use a product from iottie. They have mounts that have an extendable arm so their windshield mounts come out past the dash and are quick clip & release. I have had mine for three years with no complaints. kram6

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,036 Posts
I use proclips in my vehicles. I use the universal holder with the swivel plate to hold my phone. The dash clip clips nicely to the dash in all the different vehicles

·
Registered
192 Posts
I use a magnetic mount- have them in all my cars, so easy to move from vehicle to vehicle. Easy on/off- just touch the phone to the mount and it's done. They have several mounting styles ( vent clip, CD clip, stick on, etc). I've tried them all, and found the stick on works best. I use the vent style when I rent a car. The CD style does not clear the dash on the SSR. Available from Amazon.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GUS312/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Mine stays in my pocket. Voice activated Hands free on my Kenwood head unit, don't need another distraction. Too hard to find parts when you rear end someone looking at the phone.

·
Registered
605 Posts
As I like to keep my non SSR items removable/hidden when not in use this is what I whipped up the other day on the fly. I need to finish it by making the piece that goes into the cup holder slot longer, powder coat the body silver and the bottom black (the part that goes into the cup holder slot). I made a similar one for my GPS a while back, after all the cup holder slot on the DS is useless as a cup holder. Where it sits is fine, keeps out of the glare so I can see it and as I use a blue tooth device to talk it remains "hands free".

·
Spirited driver!
1,590 Posts
Cali, that is creative but it looks like it would carve into the side of my leg if I used it. You may want to consider flipping it the other way so that the phone is held over the shifter console.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thats really a great idea. I never use that cupholder mount for the cupholder. Maybe a piece of that bendable post that looks like conduit would work in the middle to move it where ever you wanted. How about a close up of what you did that slides into the cupholder bracket?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts