Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,296 Posts
Boost gauge?
I don't believe this is stock.
Does you SSR have a supercharger or turbocharger.

Did it ever work ? If not and if it does indeed say boost gauge and no supercharger, I would suspect previous owner had a supercharger that they removed before selling.
Just some of my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
9,418 Posts
Boost gauge?
I don't believe this is stock.
Does you SSR have a supercharger or turbocharger.

Did it ever work ? If not and if it does indeed say boost gauge and no supercharger, I would suspect previous owner had a supercharger that they removed before selling.
Just some of my thoughts.
Center gauge is a torque gauge, rather than a boost gauge, if in fact the gauge is stock. No idea if these gauges also use stepper motors. Maybe Dragon2U has an answer for you.

I find the only gauge of any value is the voltage gauge. The information supplied by the torque gauge is pretty much useless.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,305 Posts
Console gauges are air core movements not stepper motors. You can carefully swap the gauges with one along side to determine if it is bad gauge or driver board. Make sure you pay attention to the placement of the various washers, spacers and nuts that attach the gauges to the driver board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts