Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new 05 red SSR and noticed one thing that doesn't seem right. The gauge package on the center console seems to be mounted to far forward preventing the ash tray compartment from opening more than 1 inch. I usually store change in the ashtray for parking meters. Does anyone else have this problem or is this normal. Your feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks / Dave

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes, the nearly useless ashtray is rendered virtually useless by the equally useless (but, oh, so good-looking) center console gauges.

I keep my spare change in the felt-lined, pop-out tray between the steering column and the climate controls.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the gauges are installed at the selling dealer. Mine was poorly mounted, and when I popped the gauge set off, I saw the installer had really ham handed the mounting bolt. Stripped threads, tool marked badly, etc. Just took it back to the dealership and had it fixed right.

PCBeach :ssr

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If the gauges are installed correctly the ash will open fully. the padding under the carpet has to be removed and then the gauges will set low enough. I,ve done 8 of them and have had no problem. take it back and have it done right or you can come to northern MI and I will do it right.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Gagues

I got a set of gagues from the dealer for my 04. Was going to have installed by them. But the tech said it was a easy job that I could do. (Save some money).Never done anything like this. I took my time,whent to this form for help. Yes it was easy. And my ash tray opens all the way for change. NO SMOKING. So if your ash tray don't open all the way. The gauges were put in wrong. That's what I think!!!!!!!!! :flag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts