Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone have an extra Center Console Key or know of where I might get my hands on one? If so let me know. Thanks

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts

Anyone have an extra Center Console Key or know of where I might get my hands on one? If so let me know. Thanks
You need to get the number off the lock on the console and then a lock smith can match it. I have the blank number somewhere and will come back and add it here as soon as I find it.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Look at the console button. There is a three digit number stamped below the key slot on the button. Write that number down. The Key is a GM Console key CON1.
Any locksmith will make a key with the blank number and the three digit code.
Greg

·
Registered
65 Posts
The key hole on our console is so out of shape from someone trying to unlock it with the wrong key. I'm thinking I might need to try to purchase a new console which would hopefully come with the correct key. If not perhaps a new console and have a key made.Our key rings each has 2 extra keys which are not console keys.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
The key hole on our console is so out of shape from someone trying to unlock it with the wrong key. I'm thinking I might need to try to purchase a new console which would hopefully come with the correct key. If not perhaps a new console and have a key made.Our key rings each has 2 extra keys which are not console keys.
The extra keys might be for hard saddle bags in the bed or trailer hitch insert. Even if your truck came without either of these items, the keys might have been on the rings before the items were gone.:eek

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,166 Posts
I went to a lock smith and he took one look at the lock and made two keys for $12. Easy Peasy. About ten minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts