Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,525 Posts
Might just be locked. There is a key slot/button just above the emergency brake lever.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Might just be locked. There is a key slot/button just above the emergency brake lever.
It might also just be jammed. If you can jiggle the top left and right while lifting slightly you might find that the button will push in and release the latch.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Most console covers have to be lifted once you push the button, there was someone on the forum selling a spring and screw, I have one and it works, but don't recall who was selling them.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
When you push the button with your index finger, use the rest of your fingers to lift up on the cover. It should come open then. It was never designed to Pop Open when the button was pushed. Some are more stubborn than others, but they only pop up slightly. Sounds like yours is normal.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
They werent made too pop up, You have too lift it as you push the lock button. Once it is open, if pushed all the way back, it will latch into the open position until you close it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Center console

Agree with the others. Push the lock button and lift - no popping up on its own. Also as mentioned above, once it is open, if pushed all the way back, it will "latch" into the open position until you close it. Seemed like there was a concentric holding it up, not a latch per se.

Mine used to "latch" into place, but now does not do so. I'm fearful of pushing too much in case of breakage (seems somewhat fragile), so now I just hold it up while retrieving the object (pen, map, etc.) from the cavern.

Speaking of which, it is not cavernous at all, (neither is the glove compartment or the door "pocket") so storage of objects is very limited. :purple:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
Get the pop up spring in post #7 above. Very inexpensive and work great every time.. It works awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
They werent made too pop up, You have too lift it as you push the lock button. Once it is open, if pushed all the way back, it will latch into the open position until you close it.
:|

I agree, mine came with no lock in place. Who cares. When I want to get in there, manually left the lid and if I pull it all the way back, it locks open and I retrieve whatever.

Then I manually close it. Not sure why anyone needs it to "pop up"............maybe next will be an option to push a button and it raises up like a power window.:nerd:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts