Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, all you central Texas SSR Fanatics... I have found a weekly car show here in Austin. There were over 200 cars there tonight... only one :ssr :thumbs
These guys and gals get together every Saturday evening, starting around 6PM at the Home Depot parking lot at the corner of Parmer Road and RM 1431, north of Austin in Round Rock. There were many classic cars and trucks, corvettes of all model years, and some street rods. Lots of great folks out there, and lots of families (Dads and sons) looking at all the great cars. I had more lookers than any of the corvettes... I just happened to park in the middle of them all. :lol :lol Folks had their folding chairs and either sat around to explain or brag about their rides, or were walking around talking to all the other folks. Got some leads on paint shops, parts for my 1949 F1 Pickup project, and then there were some really great classic muscle cars. I think we need to gather as many of us as possible and steal the show... I can't think of anything more impressive than a lineup of :ssr s of all colors to let the attendees oogle and drool over. There is a pretty good pizza burger place in the shopping center, so if some of you want to meet early, have a pizza and beer, I'd be delighted to do that. Let me know who will show up next Saturday, Aug 27. Directions... from I35 north, exit #256, Chandler Road/RM 1431 and go West (left) back over I35 about 4 miles to Parmer Road. Go through the light at Parmer and turn left into the Home Depot parking lot about 500 yards down the road. From 183 north, turn left on RM 1431 in the town of Cedar Park and it's about 2 miles on the right. Hope to see quite a few of you there next Saturday... we could make this a regular meeting place to show off our rides and have some fun. :party :cheers :lurk Bring your significant other as this is a social event!

·
OP
8,226 Posts
gone

I'd love to be there next Saturday, but the mountains in Colorado are calling my name.
I would advise you post this thread though under the Southwest forum so everyone in our area has a chance to see it.
Good job, Had I known earlier I would've seen you there last night.
I will be there in the future, might actually show up once in my corvette...sorry

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Daven

SSR03 has mentioned this previously. I was there with my SSR (only one) and the PT Cruiser club last Saturday, as we had our club meeting at the Wendys accross the street. There is also a smaller group (but usually more SSRs) at the Albertson's at the Y in Oak Hill on Saturday evenings, which is a lot closer to me. Also Ampmop and I discussed another get together / meet and greet, maybe a cruise to breakfast at Denny's Diner or dinner at Sonic. I'll try to join yall next Saturday. :seeya

R

·
Registered
232 Posts
You weren't the only SSR...

I was there last night in my yellow 2005 SSR. I arrived about 9:00 and apparently just missed you. Several people even asked me if I had seen the red one that was there earlier. I will be back next Saturday and will try to be there closer to 7:00 this time. I'll look for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts