Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some members expressed an interest in the cost of the ceramic coating I had put on my SSR. I paid $750 to have a level one paint preparation, 4 year warranty Kenzo Ceramic on the body and 3 year warranty GlassParency Ceramic on all of the windows. I did the wheels myself using a low cost product off of E-Bay. Very easy to do, cleaned the wheels with a wax/grease remover (3M), wiped down with denatured alcohol. (Do not re-use the rag if allowed to dry, dispose of them. They will scratch the surface). They would have cost $100 for the outside or $200 for inside and outside with 2 year warranty.

Level 1 is clay barring the finish, and polishing as needed where there are "light spider webs" and a few light scratches. Usually about $350 of the cost (level 2 and above are more).

I chose to have Kenzo installed because of the cost difference and the Kenzo has a 10 pencil hardness vs 9 pencil hardness and a deeper gloss. This is based on the comments of 4 professional detailers that installed Kenzo and Ceramic Pro on a forum. Please no snide or smarta.. remarks, I am relaying what I read on a forum that helped me decide which product to use.

The lowest quote for Ceramic Pro was $1150 with Level 1 paint preparation.But Ceramic Pro is world wide company and the industry leader in volume. They also list your installation with Carfax so that if your car is damaged and refinishing is required the insurance company will? pay for re-applying Ceramic Pro to those areas refinished.

I will take my truck in once a year to be inspected and "touched up" as needed for $60 in order to validate the warranty. This includes washing and detailing the truck.

Also you do not use a carwash soap with wax. Do not apply any wax product. My installer recommended using Chemical Guys "ALL CLEAN" mixed 10 to 1 with water in "foam gun" after rinsing with a power washer, then rinse again and blow dry with a leaf blower. The water blows right off, amazing. I was so pleased with the way the truck looked I had my SRX done. He also recommended "Dressed Up" from Shine Supply for shining the tires. It really makes the tires look good without excessive shine, and it is water based.

Also be aware that once the ceramic coating is installed it must be sanded to remove it. Also don't believe what some companies say out not scratching, not so. Grit is harder than ceramic and will scratch it. This from my installer.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
:smile2:

Jack,

Thanks for the info regarding this process. My ride is also black and I find it shows any dust/dirt quicker than any other color. Most all of my previous cars/trucks have been red which I prefer, but now I have a black SSR cause it had all the extra stuff I was after.

I'm for sure considering getting this process or a similar one done to mine this Spring.

Thanks for coming back to introduce this topic. If I recall, we may have (crossed swords).....not my intent with a prior posting you did on this subject.

My heritage on both sides were born and raised in Mississippi and I spent many fond summers there and wish I could do it all over again.:crying:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts