Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yellow SSR and the front bowtie is also a yellowish color. If I can't get a little more contrast I may just take it off. Does anyone know how to change the color of that bowtie?

·
Registered
159 Posts
They make several replacements for the yellow bowtie. Check out some of your local auto parts stores, I've seen some at Autozone, Pep boys, and others. I'm sure you'll find the one your looking for without to much effort.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bowtie suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions regarding color change to the front bowtie....I will check those out before attempting to paint it.

G

·
Paint it body color. You will still have the chrome ring around it to set it off. I think it looks even better on the back one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Painting the bowtie

I have been playing around in my head (there's lots of room in there) with painting the large front cross-bar body color. Also, the CHEVROLET trim just above it, trying to personalize the hot rod a bit. I really have to visualize the bowtie either painted or removed, but thanks for your input, the more heads on this the better.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Billet

You could go to Stylin' Concepts and order some billet aluminum bowties (brushed or polished) and replace what came from the factory.

The front is for an 03 and up Silverado and the rear is for a 94-97 S-10. The front could stand to have just a bit more bend to it and the rear could stand to be a bit flatter, but use your imagination. The locating pins on the backs of the bowties do not match exactly with what our trucks need, so a snip here and some silicone adhesive there (the same as I used to put the grille bars on) and we are good to go.

Diggs

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
do it!

Yaller Dog said:
I have been playing around in my head (there's lots of room in there) with painting the large front cross-bar body color. Also, the CHEVROLET trim just above it, trying to personalize the hot rod a bit. I really have to visualize the bowtie either painted or removed, but thanks for your input, the more heads on this the better.
you'll like it :flag
p.s. I'm thinking flag bowties...

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW!! Ilike those ideas

Yeah, I like the ideas expressed above, keep 'em coming, you're really helpful. I will settle on something soon, thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Black Beauty

mikepowell said:
you'll like it :flag
p.s. I'm thinking flag bowties...
I really like Black Beauty, the paint treatment you did is exactly what I have been thining about. My SSR is yellow, so won't look quite like yours, but I don't like that brushed chrome look and intend to paint over all of it. I have bright chrome wheels due in any day now to help get away from the "brushed" look. Thanks for the encouragement. Joe

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
Diggs, I like those bows!

I'm having a hard time finding flag stickers- ya'd think'd be easy on INDEPENDANCE DAY!
thanks for the comments everyone :thumbs
Yaller Dog: what rims did you get? also if you need help getting the door handels or other brushed pieces off let me know ;)
its easy :flag

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I may need some help

Thanks, I may need some help in how to get those trim parts off without damage to them. The wheels I paid half down on, but that have not come in yet, are GM factory alloy wheels that are standard on the SSR. However, these have been triple plated (copper to nickel to chrome) in California. I will turn over my wheels in exchange whenever the chrome ones come in. This place doing this is a Corvette specialty shop and I have lots of confidence in their work. They will swap wheels with my tires, balance them and put me back on the road while I wait. I thought I was going to have to put my truck on blocks, but found this trade-off deal at about half of what GM wanted for their chromes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts