Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience changing from 19" to 18" on the front of your SSR? Not many wheel options for a 19" and what fitment problems are there? Thanks:black:

Proud Original Owner
Has anyone had any experience changing from 19" to 18" on the front of your SSR? Not many wheel options for a 19" and what fitment problems are there? Thanks:black:
Check with Rogerdoger, he has 18" Coddington wheels on front.
20" on back. No problems as far as I know.

Premium Member
I am using 18's on my 2006, the extra sidewall height does make the ride more comfy, since I don't throw the truck into corners I cant speak to the handling deficit the difference creates. I do feel more confident on the rough roads in these parts as I have more confidence I wont bend a rim. I am using a Mickey Thompson 28x10x18 tire, same height as stock, about 4 tenths of an inch more narrow, same backspacing on the rim as factory.

Premium Member
New member, Milton53 Has 18's on all 4 of Miss Violet, a 04 Ultra. Says he did extensive research on this. Looks good.

BlueStreak
What wheel & size did you use. Thanks
If you use the "> Quote" button in the post you are commenting on then others will have a better understanding of your statement or questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
xoxoxoBruce
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing