Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
189 the LAST blur
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lot #253 an 2006 black auto that looked decent without seeing it in person sold for $20,000 + 10%
There is another truck there coming up later.
Seems all but 1 sold at Mecum Florida for stronger money. I'm looking everyday for something for this season so I can stay
part of this wonderful community unless a killer deal on a Corvette turns up. I can't wait a year for a new new mid engine and don't want to own one with "teething" problems. At least I sat in one of the 1st tour cars last summer.
IMG_4193.JPG

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
I just ran across the killer Corvette deal over the holidays from a private owner. His early Tesla order/delivery caught him a bit off guard and I was in the right place at the right time.
I had planned to sell my SSR first but I would have surely miss the deal on the C7.
So now I am attempting to sell my SSR in the middle of winter... less than ideal timing.
If you are looking for a bone stock garage queen SSR, mine isn't the one; however, if supercharged with custom flame paint interests you, mine is on the SSR for Sale page at a truly amazing price.

·
189 the LAST blur
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just ran across the killer Corvette deal over the holidays from a private owner. His early Tesla order/delivery caught him a bit off guard and I was in the right place at the right time.
I had planned to sell my SSR first but I would have surely miss the deal on the C7.
So now I am attempting to sell my SSR in the middle of winter... less than ideal timing.
If you are looking for a bone stock garage queen SSR, mine isn't the one; however, if supercharged with custom flame paint interests you, mine is on the SSR for Sale page at a truly amazing price.
I know. I keep looking at it and wonder why someone hasn't jumped on it yet. After looking at BJ and Mecum results I noticed it on EBay last night. IF it was a stick, we might be doing something. All all those mods any kind of reliability or maintenance issue going forward??

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
I know. I keep looking at it and wonder why someone hasn't jumped on it yet. After looking at BJ and Mecum results I noticed it on EBay last night. IF it was a stick, we might be doing something. All all those mods any kind of reliability or maintenance issue going forward??
This is my second supercharged SSR. I put over 100k miles on the first one before selling it and starting over with this one when it had 10k miles on it (I like driving my vehicles). The first one was the standard black, this one had the custom yellow and flames and I had to have it.
As far as reliability/maintenance verse stock, the serpentine belt is changed every 10k miles as everything is belt driven and spark plugs at 50k verses 80+ for stock.
These Magnusson superchargers have their own independent radiator, coolant reservoir, and water pump, so more coolant is required dealing with changing fluids.
In my 12 years with higher horse powered SSRs I have dealt with all the little weird stuff we all have (ignition switch, window indexing, fan upgrade for cooling, improved alignment spec, etc.) but the only thing I can truly contribute to wear caused by the extra power is that I have had to replace a belt pulley bearing on both SSR prior to 50k miles. In both cases, when I replace one, I replaced them all.
It is basically an extremely heavy vehicle, the extra HP provided by the Magnusson makes it feel much lighter while still maintaining the same MPG.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,356 Posts
Almost sticker price

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,937 Posts
I was watching BJ last night and surprised a 2006 yellow SSR came on the block and was televised. Had 6k miles on it....and sold for $45k!
Those Yellows do bring a handsome price.

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,698 Posts
I was watching BJ last night and surprised a 2006 yellow SSR came on the block and was televised. Had 6k miles on it....and sold for $45k!
Now we're talking.

I watched that auction and was definitely IMPRESSED. Especially considering that was very close to Original Sticker.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
SSR Believer
1,592 Posts
Although in 2020 dollars the sticker for a $50K 2006 SSR would be about $63.4K :) Still, it's good to see that they're holding their own. (y)

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Both of those trucks had the chrome package, the black one went on Tuesday ,not a lot of bidders there. Wednesday night the place was packed when the yellow was on the block

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
It's been interesting to see how poorly most of the resto mods are doing. They are selling cheap! It just goes to show, it you want to throw a bunch of money into performance mods and bling, do it because you enjoy it. NOT with any expectation of recouping your investment when selling.

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,698 Posts
It's been interesting to see how poorly most of the resto mods are doing. They are selling cheap! It just goes to show, it you want to throw a bunch of money into performance mods and bling, do it because you enjoy it. NOT with any expectation of recouping your investment when selling.
Interesting observation, Mark . . .

"Original" (or at least almost original) seems to be the winner in most cases.

·
189 the LAST blur
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting observation, Mark . . .

"Original" (or at least almost original) seems to be the winner in most cases.

Well with the 2 biggie Auction Houses now done for the start of this season, 8 trucks have crossed the block and from memory this low mile yellow is the 1st one in the mid $40's. Had all the good things going for it, great tent exposure, strong audience presence, nice commentary by Mike Joy while on the block and probably some paperwork/documentation to support that kind of number. The stuff you dream about as a consignor. Impressive to say the least. I might have to rearrange my upcoming color choices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts