Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a cheaper than usual air intake kit. $360 to my door.

:)

I pretty good price i thought......

Oh, BTW, I'm new to the list and thought I'd share this on my first post! :seeya

I don't know if I can post the phone number here or not, but I think I can say that they have this item on fleabay and you can call them directly by getting the number from their fleabay store.

(non- legal discalimer follows:) I am not affilated in any way with the vender nor do I get any kick back or even know the guy. :leaving

Regards,

Michael
efxguy

2004 Slingshot

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Michael,

Phone numbers are no-no for a commercial products, but it is perfectly OK to list the e-bay URL link to the part.

Hope this helps............ And WELCOME to our little family!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filter came today.

So the intake / filter came today. It took me about a half an hour to install it. I ordered it on Thursday of last week. Pretty good shipping time, it came via FedEx.

I did not know that the filter body it self was carbon fiber! The whole thing is pretty nice. And it was (I think!) a great price.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Michael
efxguy
2004 Slingshot

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seat of the pants impression.

Well I made my usuall morning commute this morning and my unsceintific observations are that the K&N has made the acceleration noticably better, but not by any huge amount better. It seems the idle is a bit smoother as well. There was no notcable increase in intake noise from the drivers seat. A

Accelerating to passing speeds was crisper.

So as a small increment to better performance, I think it was worth the price I paid. I might feel differently if I paid the full retail price though! :skep

Regards,

Michael
efxguy
2004 Slingshot

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
efxguy: According to the dyno chart that I finally got from K&N after many phone calls, the power increase averages 4 to 5 hp across the rpm band, and peak gain on the graph is 5.5 hp.

Jim G

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calibration Time....

I think I need to send the seat of my pants in for calibration. I could of sworn I was seeing a six HP gain....

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Regards,

Michael
efxguy
2004 Slingshot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts