Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between a Check Engine Light that comes on and stays on steady and a Check Engine Light that blinks about 10 times and then goes away?

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
In my case, a trip to the service department. Per manual a check engine light that comes on and goes off is OK...one that stays on means there is a problem. Went through all the "suggestions" in the manual with no results...seems there was a crossed wire after they replaced my overheating fan. Since then...so far, so good.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Did you try reseting, could mean nothing or could be something only way to know is hook it up to the machine. Mine in the Tahoe comes on about once a month for a day or so then goes off. Crazy machines!

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
It can be an O2 sensor that is not hot enough and fails the emission test that the computer runs through. I think the blinking CEL is for emissions only, once it passes the test it will go away.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That explains it.

It only does it when the engine is cold. Once it is warm, NADA.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Probably one of the oxygen sensors. My Z06 Corvette used to do it on cold mornings, the dealership replaced one under warranty and all better. It wont hold a code once it goes out, so you may need to leave it at the dealership overnight. When it finally goes bad the light will stay on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts