Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 5.3 motor
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Doug. Just purchased my 03, and I replaced the O2 sensor but the check engine light is still on. What am I missing.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
48,331 Posts
Did You clear the codes ??????

Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Registered
11 Posts
my engine light came on last week, an emissions problems. my local dealer said the fuel tank needed to be replaced and gm would pay for it. i was surprised (but happy) that gm would pay for a repair on a 14 year old chevy.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,735 Posts
Grumpy2327, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Hi, my name is Doug. Just purchased my 03, and I replaced the O2 sensor but the check engine light is still on. What am I missing.
:frown2: Stay calm Grumpy, as you can see help is on the way !!! Google Grumpy's Bail Bonds Murfreesboro, Tennessee, to see our "Grumpy" ... my daughter went to school with her. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,141 Posts
my engine light came on last week, an emissions problems. my local dealer said the fuel tank needed to be replaced and gm would pay for it. i was surprised (but happy) that gm would pay for a repair on a 14 year old chevy.
There is a discussion somewhere on the forum that since you're getting the tank replaced you should go ahead and get another component replaced. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump but I could be mistaken. That other component replacement would be on your dime though.

Dave

·
Daily Driver
8,967 Posts
That's probably the fuel level gage sending unit which is on the pump. Gm will pay for it if it's giving you trouble.

·
Registered
56 Posts
GM wouldn't pay for mine, they had a 10 year fix and after the 10 years it was done. I had an extended warranty on my 06 SSR and they fixed it with a $100 deductible. The chevy dealer tried to charge me for the fuel lines going from the tank to the engine saying they looked corroded at a cost of $200. I have heard that some Chevy dealers will honor the 10 year letter and some wont. Check a few dealers. All dealerships have the fix letter from GM and I think it only affects the 05's and 06's

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,169 Posts
03-04 Had a problem with a fracture at the fuel filler on the tank -- (Fuel tank inlet check valve)
It is a campaign - not a recall and they will replace the fuel tank if there is signs of leakage (which could cause an EVAP code) for 15 years or 150000 miles. I believe this was when some where paying extra to have fuel pump replaced.

Back to the original post -- as asked before - what is the code number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts