Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, someone bought an SSR and never even took the wraps off the seats or steering wheel...

Check out the black '06 FPR North Freeway Hyundai just listed for $50k...

Not actually a bad price since it is nearly 12yrs old and still has the sticker on the windshield for $49k...

Kinda surprised that one isn't being sold at a high end auction...

Cash did you find that one ??? If so what's the story...

Pretty cool..

Cheers

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,806 Posts
Sounds like the guy ordered the R and had it shipped to his house with that few a miles.
I don't get it, it's not like your making a bundle of money sitting on the vehicle for 11 years. Maybe he couldn't find the switch to open the garage door and finally found it after 11 years of searching. lol

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
SD SSR "Not actually a bad price" Actually I think that's an excellent price for a what I would consider a Showroom New SSR. The negative is, I would hate to drive it. North Freeway Hyundai ought to keep it on the showroom floor for a year, just for SSR "looker's"

What a find !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr (77,000 + miles)

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Very nice.....

Fellow Fanatic Roylee saw this R a couple of weeks ago in person. :surprise:

Roy lives in Spring, Tx. and drops by NFH occassionally as he (and I) got our SSRs there.

Hoping 'Hot Rod' will chime in to give details on the truck. :nerd:

==============
David :black:

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
This was purchased from an estate in Billings MT- possibly the lowest mileage on any existing SSR in the world
Personally, I had never seen one before this with less than 7 miles.
7 miles is the common number stated on carfaxes when they left the transport and arrived at the dealer showroom (dealer delivery number)
This almost had to be picked up at the LCC or delivered factory direct to the owner.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
A "TAD" High on the price.

Low miles BUT the new owner will still need to make ALL the upgrades the rest of us have had to make. I'll take a well maintained R with more miles for a much lower price and use the saving to attend as many R rallies as possible especially the June 2018 Rally in Ontario.

Remember the owner who dies with the fewest miles on their R doesn't win a damn thing.

"Long may we all run" including in the rain.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Ya I agree with everyone else seals tires etc all need to be checked and changed out but still being parked that long with low low miles his investment wasn't that good in my opinion he should have drove it and enjoyed the R he never even drove it otherwise it's an awesome R

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Cheaper than........

Cheaper than a Trophy Wife and he did enjoy owning it or he would not have kept it all these years.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Don't worry your pretty heads
I expect this will go into another collection - original tires, original seals and all
You are not the right buyer if looking for a daily driver

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
Whoa----FPR----VIN. 124064! That's pretty close to the last one?!!!?

Nick

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
As we do not know the original purchaser, nor his/her intentions, we should all just say it is a very nice SSR at a very fair price for what it is.
I really hope it sells quickly, and the new owner treats it the way he/she wants to.
Oh, and may I also say (3) :black: :smile2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,068 Posts
Time and getting to extinction is what makes them rare and very expensive. In my opinion this one is not old enough yet and there are still lots of them around but if a collector buys it and doesn't drive it in another 10 or 20 years it will be worth a fortune. Like I said my two cents and we all know what that is worth!!!

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
As we do not know the original purchaser, nor his/her intentions, we should all just say it is a very nice SSR at a very fair price for what it is.
True, could have been speculation, could have been a graduation present for a child who died expectantly, or and engagement gift to his hearts desire, who said no. It is what it is, and why it is, not important.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like others have said, if you bought it you would hate to even drive it... and that would be a shame...

Geeze, it has a nearly full tank of gas... wonder how many years that's been in there...

I suppose they could have just started the engine and let it run...

The ROI on this investment was the pits... heck they may even have paid more than 50k for it back in '06 as they are selling for a premium...

I am surprised GM or someone doesn't want it in their museum...

What a waste...

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Like others have said, if you bought it you would hate to even drive it... and that would be a shame...

Geeze, it has a nearly full tank of gas... wonder how many years that's been in there...

I suppose they could have just started the engine and let it run...

The ROI on this investment was the pits... heck they may even have paid more than 50k for it back in '06 as they are selling for a premium...

I am surprised GM or someone doesn't want it in their museum...

What a waste...

Cheers
Don't be surprised - someone will want it in their museum
What I find interesting is the SSR Fanatic attitude about no miles/seals etc and how that should diminish value
Yet when it comes to a 66 Vette that has been sitting in a barn for 50 years it is all cool
No one mentions seals then!

I sold my 73 TR6 after owning 10 years, only time I ever drove it was when I moved - rattled my teeth until the old tires got straight, but then all fun - seals okay

This SSR is really special, but drive it 5000 miles and it becomes one of the very cool herd

1 - 20 of 26 Posts