Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Seroiusly Tweaked

There is way too much work to do on this one to ever have it on the road again.....

There is not an untouched panel anywhere, but worse is the A-pillar damage and the roof destruction.

I'm noting the VIN for my records....

Mike

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
But a lot of extra stuff undamaged, tire, wheels, interior, engine, lights the list goes on and on. Odd that the bed cover stayed down and latched.

Wonder what they hit?

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
There is way too much work to do on this one to ever have it on the road again.....

There is not an untouched panel anywhere, but worse is the A-pillar damage and the roof destruction.

Mike
I would not touch it with a 10 ft. pole. IT HAS A SALVAGE TITLE ! you could spend a ton of money ,have it looking great and still have the word Salvage onthe title.Never will be able to recoop expenices.Forget it and buy a good SSR

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Mike in AZ said:

Mike

That is a great idea to have a list of these vehicles!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
If you could pick it up for say 7-8K and use it for parts that would be about it. The 13K asking price is WAY over the top IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
I just want the spare top motor.:glol

Ray

·
Registered
590 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Odd that the bed cover stayed down and latched.
We can't get the bed cover to pop up on a good day, guess it is a saftey feature:lol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Furykay said:
I would not touch it with a 10 ft. pole. IT HAS A SALVAGE TITLE ! you could spend a ton of money ,have it looking great and still have the word Salvage onthe title.Never will be able to recoop expenices.Forget it and buy a good SSR
Salvage titles can be cleared.......knew a guy who would be flooded cars, let them sit for 6 months without starting them (to 'dry' out), redo some wiring, etc, and get them running. He would then get the titles cleared of salvage........I assumed that this was legal.

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
WOW_FCTR said:
Salvage titles can be cleared.......knew a guy who would be flooded cars, let them sit for 6 months without starting them (to 'dry' out), redo some wiring, etc, and get them running. He would then get the titles cleared of salvage........I assumed that this was legal.
My girlfriend is also my insurance agent , when a flooded vehicle is in salt water it is totaled , no exceptions ! If someone redid the title , then I would say it is not legal !

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Devastator said:
My girlfriend is also my insurance agent , when a flooded vehicle is in salt water it is totaled , no exceptions ! If someone redid the title , then I would say it is not legal !
I don't recall if it was fresh or salt water.....

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
This guy bought it with the purpose of rebuilding it! He is without resources and probably fund to do so.

If some of you are worried about parts for later this type of vehicle would be great but the 13k price, I think is a bit high because I don't think you could sell off the pieces and recover that price!

·
Registered
436 Posts
The air bags didn't go off.

Wonder what it takes for air bags to become part of the ride?

Life is short
Drive a Hot Rod
Skip

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
SA13355 said:
The air bags didn't go off.

Wonder what it takes for air bags to become part of the ride?

Life is short
Drive a Hot Rod
Skip

Direct Frontal Impact!!!!
No sensors in the roof!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Direct Frontal Impact!!!!
No sensors in the roof!

Actually, as posted somewhere before, it requires a decelaration of the vehicle at some specified rate when hit in the front, not just a frontal inpact. :)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ISLANDDREAMS said:
salvage title to clean title it can be done but it is ILLEGAL

Now that you say that, I'll have to ask more questions from my 'friend'.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Purchase "salvage title" in California, retitle in Washington = "clear title".
Most likely works in some other states as well.

Skip

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
So googling some info I see that:

1) In Minnesota, a Salvage title can be cleared after certain requirements are met.
2) In Mass., a Salvage title can be changed to Reconstructed, after it's fixed, but the salvage classification is permanent and remains part of the vehicle history. A Salvage titled vehicle can never be issued a Clear title.
3) In January, State Farm Insurance, the nation’s largest auto insurer, agreed to a $40 million settlement after it admitted it had sold thousands of salvaged cars without salvage titles, as required by law.
4) A vehicle for which a salvage vehicle title has been issued may be issued a regular certificate of title after the motor vehicle has been repaired, rebuilt, or
reconstructed by a person described by Section 501.104(a).
5) Etc.

So it appears that in some states a title can be cleared and some it can't (but I guess in the ones that can't, if the title was cleared in another state and then transfered.....)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts