Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across this unexpectedly while flipping through the most recent Rod & Custom magazine. Not bad, actually like the shortened top grille bar with the remaining matching in chrome. White would be an interesting color with the right accents (Fuzzy's candy green and white is a great combo). I think the double headlights stray too far from the original Advanced Design roots. Oh well, worth a look!

Attachments

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,415 Posts
Pipes

Kinda wondered what one would look like with just sidepipes ...... nice and clean in the drawing.

:seeya

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Daughter Just Seen It

All she said was " that's cooollll"

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I love my stars on the bowtie of my wheels, would certainly consider wheels like the conceptual drawing. Very :cool !

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
The Rod & Custom dream truck reincarnation is awesome. We designed our hood for the SSR using the same basic styling as that truck. If anyone wants to have a truck like that built from their SSR I have the skills to do it. I can almost guarantee Rod & Custom would do a feature on it.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Color Selections . . . .

hdflstf said:
With that avatar! I won't even go there.:lol
Hey Art,

I noticed in the write-up that the modifier chose "Silver" as his custom dreamy color ! ! At least some people have their head on straight. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Custom SSR

eric-mpd said:
The Rod & Custom dream truck reincarnation is awesome. We designed our hood for the SSR using the same basic styling as that truck. If anyone wants to have a truck like that built from their SSR I have the skills to do it. I can almost guarantee Rod & Custom would do a feature on it.
I think that I may be able to finally purchase my own SSR in the Spring of '07.

I've been planning on installing the fiberglass body parts that are available to achieve a tilting front end and a lightweight rear bed. I'll be going with an open bed (no cover). I'll also want the rear end tubbed a little to accomodate some wider tires. I could go for the custom headlight, grille, and mild hood scoop treatment and a tame, high quality paint job (thinkin' Aqua Blur). Of course, I'll also be suping everything up performance wise!

First things first, 'gotta buy an SSR! Perhaps I'll be able to go for some mpd mods after that. I'm figuring on spending about $50k on top of the purchase price to make my SSR unique and fit my own tastes. I'll be driving it for a long time. I live in Tucson, which is quite a cruising town. The streets have been missing me! I last terrorized the city in a wild turbocharged flame-throwing RX-7 that pulled its front wheels up in the air. It's getting close to being time for a come-back.

:reddevil

Jeff (still Jonesing for my own SSR) Bales
Founder / Designer
PoolRock.com
www.poolrock.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts