Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at some Chevy vehicles from the 50s or so and love how some have the chevy script on the sides. I was wondering if any Rs out there have ever done something like that. Here are some examples:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I have done that script in heavy reflective vinyl for a number of members here. They've used it on the front quarter panels and also inside the cab. Of course, it could be used anywhere. If you're interested in more info, pm me and we can talk details.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,635 Posts
On both! Cut the studs off, CAREFULLY bend to shape, 3m double sided trim tape

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
On both! Cut the studs off, CAREFULLY bend to shape, 3m double sided trim tape

Nick
Looks good "nj" I've had mine on (on the side of the Hood) with 3M Double Sided Tape going on 3 years and they're still stuck tight. Mine aren't as shiny as yours cause they're off an old rusted out truck I found on the Stones River at the Readyville Mill, East of Murfreesboro. They are original and somewhat pitted from being out in the weather nearly 70 years. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input! I'm interested in keeping with 1950's vibe --- I have a set of scripts that I would like to apply possible on each side of the truck. NJ looks like yours is close to the front side?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,635 Posts
Thanks for all the input! I'm interested in keeping with 1950's vibe --- I have a set of scripts that I would like to apply possible on each side of the truck. NJ looks like yours is close to the front side?
On the front Fender, right under the Hood, next to the Door gap. Like Tennessee did his, some have put the on the Hood, just above where mine are

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
:smile2:

To each his own....The only identifier on mine is the chrome hood piece that says (Chevrolet). Otherwise, no I.D. anywhere else. I'd rather keep people guessing. My '39 Chevy streetrod had no I.D. on it anywhere except it said (Master Deluxe) on the sides of the hood.

It was fun to watch cars/trucks go by and stare looking for some way and some how to tell just exactly what brand/model it was.>:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My script came from a 1957 Del Ray with the prongs. Any suggestions as to how to put it on without the prongs?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
There is a slight difference in the script logos shown above. The "e" in the '55, '56 and '57 is different than the earlier version. Of course the block letter logo used by MicDonna is yet another option.

BTW, have you seen the new Chevy Colorado grill and tail gate bow tie logo? It's yet another throw back for a retro look.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got mine from a company called Danchuk. You can remove pins and mount anyplace you want with 3M tape.
. How strong is the adhesive with the metals? Will it stay no matter the environment --- ie scorching Texas weather? washes? I would prefer to adhesive instead of having to use the pins and make holes on the car to secure it.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
3M makes some stuff that will do the job quite well. I use 3M 06383 Automotive Acrylic Plus Premium Attachment Tape. You can take it off if you work at it, but it won't let go on it's own. Just be sure to remove all wax and prep the surface really well.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
My script came from a 1957 Del Ray with the prongs. Any suggestions as to how to put it on without the prongs?
"
Since my C H E V R O L E T Front Hood Emblems were "OEM" and nearly 70 years old, I simply ground off the studs (which were almost rusted off) and used 3M Double Stick or Double Sided Tape and stuck them on the Hood. I check 'em at least once a week and they seem to be stuck good. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't know if this product is available in the US. I believe it comes in various widths, and colors. I had the rubber on one of the running boards start to give up. I removed the factory adhesive with ISO alcohol and replaced with the PRO-FORM. The stuff is fantastic and won't break the bank. I hope the fine print is readable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Took a 50's trunk emblem and replace the bowtie on the tailgate. Made my own gasket to fit the curve of the gate. Also serves as my third brake light.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts