Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead Today I went to my dealer and their attitude towards me after having my deposit for over a year is just plain terrible. They seemed authoritarian and superior in their treatment of me in their showroom. Few if any had any real good info on the SSR and quoted the MSRP at $48,000 instead of the $41,995 on the Chevy web site. They justified this by saying their few allocations will be ordered with all of the available options, hence the higher MSRP. I asked if I could order just the stock SSR and they refused and could not give me a date when this would be possible. This is customer service? They told me that in Sept. or Oct. that may be a possibility but highly unlikely. They seem to think they have a product that will sell itself to the highest bidder and plan on doing so. Later I went to our MiniCooper dealer and they greeted us with open arms, free posters, stickers, and a high how ya doin, how's the family atmosphere. If Chevy continues to bicker with me like this, I just may end up getting a fully loaded Mini this fall instead of an SSR. BMW customer service is so superior to Chevy there is no comparison. They treat you like family. All of these chevy dealers in Hampton roads have pretty much treated me like dirt and second class. I have the cash and want to purchase the SSR but I will be damned if I am going to be treated like a second class citizen just because I don't want all of the goodies and options that come with this new truck. If this his how the sales staff treats potential customers, I can only imagine how it is in the service department. I am having serious doubts....

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Dear Chevy, I'm now looking for something else.

I've also had a deposit down for almost a year. I was promised the first SSR. My dealer has said that as of June 10th they had not received any allocations. I travel between Atlantic City and Virginia Beach at least once a month, and I've stopped at every dealership between the two. Every other dealership has said that they now have their allocations. All but one said they would get one 2003 and between one and five 2004's. (The one that said they did not get a 2003 was because no one was getting a 2003 and they were just telling me that to get a sale. Of course, this dealer (RK in VB) is the dealer I trust the LEAST.) So the dealer that I have a deposit with has gotten no allocations? I just happened to talking to a manager in the service department, who didn't know that I had put a deposit down. He said that the owner was going to take the first one. Well, I've pulled my deposit. Even though the sales people have been very nice, I think that they cannot deliver on the promises that they made. I have also started looking elsewhere for my next car. :cuss
Chevy has made a mistake by not delivering when they first indicated! And I am no longer anticipating being the happy owner of an SSR.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not throwing in the towel yet!

:rolleyes: I am ticked off with Chevy so far but I am not throwing in the towel yet. I am going to give them until spring of 2004 to sell me one at $41,995.000 or they can forget it.

J

·
0 Posts
bad chevy ppl

yeah i've heard alot of bad things about chevey's costomer service and not just w/the ssr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts