Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will take 600 SSR's if gm will give me 600 z06's i will sell them all in 45 days i can find homes for every vehicle and i can move as many as gm does in a month just from one dealer if they would give me the 600 ssr's with the vettes i would start offering the SSR"S starting at 29995 i would reformat the marketing plan for the units and make the SSR a number one seller .....

wait i had a talk like this with the gm guys once this spring when i sold 23 ssr's one month they asked me how i showed them and told then what we could do so lets not discontinue the item lets just change the marketing plan ship them all to me with all the z06 and i'll just give them all a new home

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thnx!

Looks like you earn a living by making many people happy. I knew a girl like that once......... Anyhow, you have our ear and you realize there is no secret to selling, just good pricing. Thank you and Good Luck!!! ... and March is coming.....

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,372 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I wholeheartedly agree. If every dealer, and GM, were more realistic about pricing for this model you would see a ton more on the road and GM would be making quite a positive statement. Some people don't care for the styling, but for those that do, there are quite a few, like me, that cannot afford $50k for a 2 seater "toy" only to have them loose 50% of their value in 2 years.

The only vehicle in GM's stable that is close to the SSR is the Vette. But for the money in a Vette you get better service, more technological advances, a proven history and a better resale value. The Vette is mostly Vette, not borrowed parts from others in the line to make it more cost effective, and quite the performer on the street. Though the SSR is a beautiful vehicle in my eyes it is very overpriced for todays market and for what you get. I think GM and dealers are still making decent money if they sell these things in the mid to low $30's. The only things really unique about the SSR is the sheetmetal and the roof, I know they need to make thier money back on the design but I agree that there is a better way to do it.

Just my .02 but I agree with the original statement, GM should do a "Walmart special" and do a price rollback to a more realistic figure. Sell more for less, make more people happy owners and keep the assembly line running............

:seeya

·
Registered
442 Posts
The issue really is simple. What does it truly cost to build the SSR. My guess is they would lose money at $29,995, even if the plant stayed open. Craft Center was on a list I just saw on the news for plant closures. I did not hear much or see timing. When you have a low volume vehicle, you need to build it in a small and cheap enough place it makes sense or combine it with other vehicles like Viper did with Prowler. Somehow, I think the Craft Center must be too big with too many employees if they have to keep shutting it down. It is like a truck with just a 3rd gear. You run it for a while and then you have to throw in the clutch for a while. They need a first gear or creeper gear operation. If sales pick up they add some overtime and if it gets real good they speed up the linespeed and/or add a shift but the fixed costs they are undergoing for the SSR has to be hurting GM a lot. Maybe they should just make them all 7 liters and charge $65 for them? ........and dump the outdated, noncompetitive and inadequate 4 speed automatic!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Dragon2U said:
I wholeheartedly agree. If every dealer, and GM, were more realistic about pricing for this model you would see a ton more on the road and GM would be making quite a positive statement. Some people don't care for the styling, but for those that do, there are quite a few, like me, that cannot afford $50k for a 2 seater "toy" only to have them loose 50% of their value in 2 years.

The only vehicle in GM's stable that is close to the SSR is the Vette. But for the money in a Vette you get better service, more technological advances, a proven history and a better resale value. The Vette is mostly Vette, not borrowed parts from others in the line to make it more cost effective, and quite the performer on the street. Though the SSR is a beautiful vehicle in my eyes it is very overpriced for todays market and for what you get. I think GM and dealers are still making decent money if they sell these things in the mid to low $30's. The only things really unique about the SSR is the sheetmetal and the roof, I know they need to make thier money back on the design but I agree that there is a better way to do it.

Just my .02 but I agree with the original statement, GM should do a "Walmart special" and do a price rollback to a more realistic figure. Sell more for less, make more people happy owners and keep the assembly line running............

:seeya
I second that emotion!

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I am a very fortunate guy and currently have an 04 SSR and an 05 C6 Vette. This is my eighth Vette and don't believe for a minute you get any better service on a Vette. There is NO standard for a Vette Technician and those who would qualify are few aand far between. The dealers make phony claims they have Vette techs when most Forum participants decribe the problem and often lead them to the fix most get a far away look from the mechanics od service writers like we are speaking russian. The Coevette Forum is always complaining about GM mechanics as many damage more than they fix. It's not the mechanics fault it's the Stealerships that simply don't spend enough on training.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I agree.......

bills03z said:
I am a very fortunate guy and currently have an 04 SSR and an 05 C6 Vette. This is my eighth Vette and don't believe for a minute you get any better service on a Vette. There is NO standard for a Vette Technician and those who would qualify are few aand far between. The dealers make phony claims they have Vette techs when most Forum participants decribe the problem and often lead them to the fix most get a far away look from the mechanics od service writers like we are speaking russian. The Coevette Forum is always complaining about GM mechanics as many damage more than they fix. It's not the mechanics fault it's the Stealerships that simply don't spend enough on training.

*******I agree whole heartedly :agree :agree :agree And when people fill out their survey forms to the safisifaction of the dealers, just to make the dealer happy or get a freebie oil change or what have you......Then your doing nothing but adding to the problem......Call a spade a spade and a bad mech. or tech. just that....a canidate for a Walmart greeter......

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Massive Depreciation? Unlike What Has Already Occored? They Have Done So Well This Year . ..only People That Didnt Lose A Ton Are The Ones That Bought From Me 27300-31500 And They're Still Worth 24k Wholesale And When Sold Outright 28 K Or So . .. I Can Find Homes For All The Units That These Dealers Cant The Vehicles Sitting Around Is What Causes The Bad Taste If A Dealer Couldnt Get One It Would Be A Different Story I Dont Even Say Change The Price Ship Them To Me At The Prices They Are Right Now And I'll Adjust Them Myself

Keep In Mind I Have A Brand New 2004 Ssr On Ebay Listed For 47885 . ...i Listed At 24100 No Reserve When You Buy It The Warranty Starts I Keep Adjusting My Price With Market If It Sells For 25k I'm Ok With It 26 K I'm Ok 27k I'm Getting Happy Any More I'm Exstatic

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
ISLANDDREAMS said:
Massive Depreciation? Unlike What Has Already Occored? They Have Done So Well This Year . ..only People That Didnt Lose A Ton Are The Ones That Bought From Me 27300-31500 And They're Still Worth 24k Wholesale And When Sold Outright 28 K Or So . .. I Can Find Homes For All The Units That These Dealers Cant The Vehicles Sitting Around Is What Causes The Bad Taste If A Dealer Couldnt Get One It Would Be A Different Story I Dont Even Say Change The Price Ship Them To Me At The Prices They Are Right Now And I'll Adjust Them Myself

Keep In Mind I Have A Brand New 2004 Ssr On Ebay Listed For 47885 . ...i Listed At 24100 No Reserve When You Buy It The Warranty Starts I Keep Adjusting My Price With Market If It Sells For 25k I'm Ok With It 26 K I'm Ok 27k I'm Getting Happy Any More I'm Exstatic
I like your style. The market will ALWAYS determine the price of a product.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Number Please!

Danko said:
Looks like you earn a living by making many people happy. I knew a girl like that once.............

Great! May I have her number?

:reddevil :reddevil :reddevil :reddevil

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ART HOW YA DOIN :) GUYS I'M GONNA TRY TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE IF I EVER SAY SOMETHING OFFENSIVE I'M APOLOGIZING NOW and i'll try to respond as quickly as possible there is only one of me i'll do my best to take care of everyone

·
Registered
132 Posts
ISLANDDREAMS said:
ART HOW YA DOIN :) GUYS I'M GONNA TRY TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE IF I EVER SAY SOMETHING OFFENSIVE I'M APOLOGIZING NOW and i'll try to respond as quickly as possible there is only one of me i'll do my best to take care of everyone

you can't make everyone happy..sooo don't worry about it... truth sometime is hard to handle for some......I'll pissed too if i paid sticker and still owed 15k more than what the car is worth.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Right on islanddreams

Hello Islanddreams,
Sometimes I am appauled at the car dealers and how they handle their business and send customers hauling to the bank to get a loan for the car of thier dreams.
And then when they think that the car holds value, by taking GOOD care of it (oil changes, maintenance, cleanliness), they expect to get at least half of what they paid for it or get credit for taking care of it.
For example, an SSR 03 less than 10,000 mi., well maintained, looks like new,listed for 50k sticker, should at least get 25k for trade-in on an 05 6.0 SSR, list for 55k. No money down, hand them the keys if they agree to payments,new car sold, used SSR sell for 28k, used sold, money made back.
If there is something I'm missing about that, then fill me in :banghead :skep

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the thing is if your willing to pay 55k for an ssr then we are talking a differnet ball game wholesale take a look on here most people for example on a 2005 ssr are looking to save 10k or better and if i'm saying the vehicle trade in take the 10k discount plus the 24k i'm offering 34k or better for trade in allowance

its all just a matter of where you put the money like that 2005 ssr just sold of mine on ebay at 33100 brand new the 2004 brand new is on right now at 24100 around the market prices

1 - 18 of 18 Posts