Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me what the SSR is based on, as here in the UK if you mention a Chevy SSR most parts people look blank, if i needed steering, suspension, chassis, brake parts i believe a lot of it is built on a regular Chevy pick up models which might help source some parts. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Ha Ha, here we go

Is it a plane, is it a train, is it a truck, is it a car, no it's super SSR. :smile2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,669 Posts
SSR is built on a Chevy Trailblazer chassis.:smile2:
Trailblazer XL frame, XL for extra long, sent to Bowling Green to Corvette to have engine/transmission installed. Bowling Green plant shortened frame 13" to fit drive shaft.

That said, the drive train is Chevy but some parts on front suspension are unique to the SSR.

Seats are GM design and Copyrighted for the Chevy SSR.

First GM design using computer/Cad Cam.

Cadillac Sun visors, Alfa Ramiro AC controls on dash, V/W radiator fan, C5 Corvette outside mirrors, V/W Audi coin tray/cup holder and Brigs & Stratton Bed release module, just to name a few.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Yep, I can see it now.

Some wiseguy will be modifying his SSR so he can also cut his grass on the weekends!!!

:surprise: :surprise:

=============
David :black:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yep, I can see it now.

Some wiseguy will be modifying his SSR so he can also cut his grass on the weekends!!!

:surprise: :surprise:

=============
David :black:
Question would be is it going to be a below 12' mowing deck or a BrushHog pull behind? A BrushHog would require a PTO to be added.

:frown2:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Cadillac, Alpha Romeo, Audi, Corvette, even Volkswagen... but Briggs & Stratton!?
:frown2: :puzzled: :nodno. :nono :crying:

:ssr
Brian
So you're B&S lawnmower is missing it's bed release module? Better get it into the shop for some warranty work before they discontinue the part!:wink2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,669 Posts
I know you are all laughing but JimBob found this when we were looking for the Bed Release Actuator.

The black box and cables where manufactured at Briggs & Stratton in California.

The Actuator was made in Germany and installed by Briggs.

We could not buy the actuator direct from Germany.

But Ed Borland aka ED in Fl found the V/W Actuator is the same except for the attached bracket which slides off and SSR bracket slides on.

Cheaper too!!

Dicktator

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts