Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would like to purchase a hood blanket set of large letters. Polished SS and red R. Does your price include shipping? If not what is the shipping cost to Beaverton, Oregon 97008? Thanks, mrsneve
I have not heard back since I started a conversation with you 3 days ago, please let me know if you received the message and viewed it, thanks.

·
Registered
2005 VIN 5B116032
37 Posts
I have not heard back since I started a conversation with you 3 days ago, please let me know if you received the message and viewed it, thanks.
Try sending him an email (conversation). He might be at one of the rallies going on. Click on your icon and select conversation

·
Registered
2004 SSR, Super Charged, with Red,& Yellow flames (Wrap) 39k miles
28 Posts
Sorry I didn't respond quicker. I need to find a new underhood blanket first. and do some measuring. I think my supercharger inlet will cause an interference fit with the letters. Any suggestions for finding a new blanket?
Steve

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry didn't mean to respond
No worries, it's all good (y)

Sorry I didn't respond quicker. I need to find a new underhood blanket first. and do some measuring. I think my supercharger inlet will cause an interference fit with the letters. Any suggestions for finding a new blanket?
Steve
Just wanted to make sure you received the message and didn't think I forgot, no hurry.

Factory insulators are pretty much non existent new, and used ones are probably in similar shape as your old one especially after it ships.
Not sure how bad yours is or the reason for replacement but I would suggest .......
1. Cover the old one with this product
2. Silver lined underhood thermal matting
3. Black thermal underhood matting
4. Acousihood
5. If you know someone that does fiberglass locally they can probably make one to fit and look like the OEM if you can do without the hood a few days.

·
Registered
2004 SSR, Super Charged, with Red,& Yellow flames (Wrap) 39k miles
28 Posts
No worries, it's all good (y)

Just wanted to make sure you received the message and didn't think I forgot, no hurry.

Factory insulators are pretty much non existent new, and used ones are probably in similar shape as your old one especially after it ships.
Not sure how bad yours is or the reason for replacement but I would suggest .......
1. Cover the old one with this product
2. Silver lined underhood thermal matting
3. Black thermal underhood matting
4. Acousihood
5. If you know someone that does fiberglass locally they can probably make one to fit and look like the OEM if you can do without the hood a few days.
If a new one isn't available, I think I can repair mine to look decent Thanks for the input. I will get back to you on the letters as soon as I check the clearance.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts